coolant leak (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hiya guys, i notice a small coolant leak coming from a hose that is located lookers left of the head, down and left, there is a metal hose connected to the block and a rubber hose connected to it, this is where the leakage happens, any thoughts, 1994 unlocked stock backroad montana cruiser with a glock sticker, thank you:p:bounce2:any thoughts

Sounds like the phh, a.k.a. pesky heater hose. Search "phh".

Give that hose more credit than that...You mean the

"Infamous PHH"...

pics of coolent leak

hers some pics of the leak guys, thanks , 1994 stock white cruiser montana backroad machine with a glock sticker, 176,000 miles mobil one 10-w30:grinpimp:
bigsnow 103.jpg
bigsnow 104.jpg
bigsnow 105.jpg

That is an easy one...when he said left I thought he meant drivers side...phh is on the other side of the block...

change the hose,

cool the hose will be changed tomarrow, how do you unscrew those pesky hose clamps, what kinda hose to replace with ??? thanks my white wedding, pics if the bitch 94 unlocked stock 176000 mobil one with a glock sticker

pics

pics of the pale white rider 1994 unlocked stock mobil one 10-w30 backcountry montana cruiser with a glock sticker
bigsnow 031.jpg

cool the hose will be changed tomarrow, how do you unscrew those pesky hose clamps, what kinda hose to replace with ??? thanks my white wedding, pics if the ***** 94 unlocked stock 176000 mobil one with a glock sticker

It looks like one of the "sardine" style clamps. Does it look like a cotter key on the other side of the hose? I cant tell form the picture.

If it is, get a needle nose plier on the end and "unwind" it by turning counter clock wise. You should see the clamp begin to loosen. Once you get it unwound, you should be able to get a side cutter under the part of the little metal band. you should see what I am talking about once you get started. I just did about 8 or 9 of these clamps as I replaced all the small chunks of rubber hoses i.e PHH and FHH, and PFHH (pesky firewall heater hose)

Cut and toss the clamp. Replace hose. Use standard hose clamp to replace the one you destroyed..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom