Coolant leak Help! Leaking on alternator and down back of transmission. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I see it. Not for sure coolant. Since I don't see Toyota pink or red crusty. But I see what looks like wet spot. Be nice to get a mirror or camera shot ,to confirm.

I trick I use. I attach my compressed air to reservoir hose. Pressurize the coolant system to ~15PSI. Provide level not low, coolant weeps or even blows out radiator leak. Same may work for this pipes O-ring on cold engine.

Just wanted to update everyone on the coolant leak I had over the past several months. I finally went in and with the help of my mechanically inclined friend we removed the manifold and turns out the slow leak I had after truck was shut off was the o-ring on the water pipe going into water pump. Intially I had a moderate leak but with the help of 2001LC he helped me realize part of it was the bypass that I had to redo. When I was in there I cleaned everything out and still not sure how all those leaves and debris got into the V of the engine. But the intake was caked with soot so we spent several hours cleaning out and definetly noticed improvement in engine response. I replaced the o-ring and water pipe( i figured it was best to replace but probably could have used it. The o-ring was noticeably compressed which was probably the reason for the leak. Here area some pics for those who have this issue too. for me it was a big job and took 4-5 hrs easily but all because of a $2 o-ring. I have some regrets for not replacing the starter but that would have added hrs to the job. Just cant figure out why my radiator cap is leaking so slightly now......can anyone chime in? Thought it was a faulty cap but just replaced the radiator several months ago(Toyota radiator)

IMG_7754[1].JPG

IMG_7756[1].JPG

IMG_7716[1].JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom