convert to R134 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I need to convert my 92LC from R 12 to r134 system.Part #'s
things to look for ,How to do it.HELP!!

trbrown,

"Search" key words "R12 convert" (Select just the 80 section)

Select the R12 thread, post #26 by C-Dan. Took about 2 minutes to do the search and read the thread. I suggest reading the entire thread but if you're a bottom line kinda guy then just go to post #26.
-B-

tr,

Since you're new here you'll learn to speak the lingo after some reading. You'll also learn how to interpret junk's terse replies or you'll learn to ignore him.  :G

You could interpret his reply as "don't do the search" or "don't convert to R134"  His meaning was don't convert to R134 as explained in the prior thread that you were pointed to.

I responded to your IM to give you more information on the "lingo" that I used in my first reply to your initial post.

Welcome to the 80s section and feel free to resurrect the R-12 thread or post follow-up questions on this one. We'll see your questions either way.

-B-

You could interpret his reply as "don't do the search" or "don't convert to R134"  His meaning was don't convert to R134 as explained in the prior thread that you were pointed to.
Maybe I was saying both. :slap: :D :D :D :D

Stay away from 134 - avoid it like the tax man. It sucks. &nbsp:Do everything you can to keep your 12. Sorry, but that's the truth.

Um, ..Nick,

Don't they typically retreat? :dunno:

Usually only in cold water in my case.

Is that too visual? :dunno:

can you work on r12 yourself, or is that the one the law requires some sort of license to work on? what about r134, is that the one you can buy in the store still?
what would be the cost of converting versus fixing anything broken on r12? i have something broken in mine, been to busy bear hunting to look at it yet :D

Thorvald, as far as working own your own stuff, dunno?
But usually states differ as far as laws go. AFAIK R134 can be had at the local auto parts store in very small amounts. And a smart dude would just have some somebody else do it for them... ( when working on HVAC stuff )

C DAN
As far as my troops retreating I would not really know. I live in Houston so most times they are on long range patrol. :eek:

Nick,

Now that was pretty damn funny. :G

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom