Control Arms/Bushings etc. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I replaced all of my lower ball joints and LCA bushings last week. I ordered them all from @cruiseroutfit . Great people to deal with. Just give them a call.

Call Cruiser Outfitters, or email them, they will send you a quote with what you need. Just did this last week.

They currently are delayed on these bushings, I canceled the Fronts and Kept my order for rears, ordering the AC Delco from Rock Auto, apparently they are OEM Toyota, at about half the price, will see.

There is a thread on here about the RockAuto ones being OEM, they have the PN's

Call Cruiser Outfitters, or email them, they will send you a quote with what you need. Just did this last week.

They currently are delayed on these bushings, I canceled the Fronts and Kept my order for rears, ordering the AC Delco from Rock Auto, apparently they are OEM Toyota, at about half the price, will see.

There is a thread on here about the RockAuto ones being OEM, they have the PN's
Perfect. Found them. If you order them and they look legitimate OEM please let me know. $29 a piece works for me.
Thanks.

Great info! I have decided the ball joint press is not something I want to get into right now, haha.
So what is your recommendation for new UCA's and LCA's? I see the lift kit on Slee that includes the SPC UCA"s is an option and seems intriguing. HMMMM.
So the lower ball joint is toast as well. I have decided to purchase the SPC upper control arms from Slee. And go with the 555 lower ball joint replacements from @cruiseroutfit. Can someone point me in the right direction to get the proper bushings ordered for the LCA's? I have studied the diagrams(OEM) but want to make sure I am getting all the right parts. Or if there are aftermarket bushings available for the LCA you all suggest.
Thanks a bunch guys.
What happened to getting all new OEM LCA. They come complete as a unit with ball joint, and frame bushings all fully assembled. Pt # 4864060010 and 4862060010. $ 299.68 per side for a complete unit. Saves on a press and headache for the bj and bushings. Just a thought.

What happened to getting all new OEM LCA. They come complete as a unit with ball joint, and frame bushings all fully assembled. Pt # 4864060010 and 4862060010. $ 299.68 per side for a complete unit. Saves on a press and headache for the bj and bushings. Just a thought.
Well for people like myself who don’t mind getting their hands dirty and enjoying the experience, you can replace the ball joint and bushing on the lower arm for less than $80 per side.

$80<$300 or if your doing both sides $160<$600. That’s under 1/3 of the cost for full replacement arms and an afternoon of my time. Totally worth it IMO.

Well for people like myself who don’t mind getting their hands dirty and enjoying the experience, you can replace the ball joint and bushing on the lower arm for less than $80 per side.

$80<$300 or if your doing both sides $160<$600. That’s under 1/3 of the cost for full replacement arms and an afternoon of my time. Totally worth it IMO.
I agree, but the OP listed that he had decided (earlier post) against the press thing. Just wanted to give him options being I have seen so many people struggle with the bushing replacement. I am with you............get your hands dirty (to some extent for some).

So I am going to be doing some bearing work on my truck. It has 180k miles and the bearing afaik have not been services. So I am just going to replace them with Koyo's OEM bearings. While I am doing this I was thinking if I should do other maintenance. And Control arm bushings come to mind. I know I need to replace my lower ball joints as It makes a sound whenever I go over any pothole.

Here's my questions

1. #LCA-Q1 - So my questions is should I just replace my lower ball joints or replace all the bushings for the lower control arm (LCA)? if so what are the part numbers for them? I take it we have 3 bushings or 2? Does anyone have these part numbers? and Where should I get them from?

2. #UCA-Q1 - also while I am at it I was thinking of replacing the upper control arm (UCA) bushings - How many bushings here 3 or 2? what are the parts numbers? and where to get them?

Last edited:
So I am going to be doing some bearing work on my truck. It has 170k miles and the bearing afaik have not been services. So I am just going to replace them with Koyo's OEM bearings. While I am doing this I was thinking if I should do other maintenance. And Control arm bushings come to mind. I know I need to replace my lower ball joints as It makes a sound whenever I go over any pothole.

Here's my questions

1. #LCM-Q1 - So my questions is should I just replace my lower ball joints or replace all the bushings for the lower control arm (LCM)? if so what are the part numbers for them? I take it we have 3 bushings or 2? Does anyone have these part numbers? and Where should I get them from?

2. #UCM-Q1 - also while I am at it I was thinking of replacing the upper control arm (UCM) bushings - How many bushings here 3 or 2? what are the parts numbers? and where to get them?

Upper control arms (front) have 2 bushings each: Part 48632-60010
Lower control arms (front) have 2 bushings each... but one of those is in the frame (one is in the control arm):

Part 48654-60010 (goes in the arm) Part 48655-60010 (also known as #2 bushing) goes in the frame.

So a total of 8 bushings altogether....to do both sides (upper and lower bushings).

Go to PartSouq and plug in your VIN number. Then shop from there. They will probably have different part numbers for right and left side bushings even though they are identical as far I can tell.

For bearings.....just order the Koyos in a kit from CruiserOutfitters.

WB5.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom