Considering.... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Really kinda tired of hearing how terrible the nav and ML are. My ML sounds awesome and has not given a problem since I bought the GX; I do ack that the 8ohm speakers and amp could be a problem, but bc a few folks have had issues and thousands of others haven't doesn't make it a s*** system.

The only issue I've had w/ my nav is driving to Ohio once, I was using nav and every single kitten on my route died due to a GX passing by with nav. :deadhorse:Otherwise, it works fine for general nav, and the nav head unit does have some neat features you won't get (unless you upgrade to one of those Tesla-style units) - custom maintenance reminders and schedules for example. The integrated backup camera is nice too.

I am just talking about the nav system. It does suck, is dated and even if you put the new disc doesnt compare with the nav from google or garmin. The other stuff works well but to be specific on the navigation system it doesnt represent or does what a up to date navigation system does now days. It is hard to give credit when there are comparables that are way above what the gx has. Radio is great, dvd great, maintenance schedule great, air conditioning great, etc etc etc but the nav sucks. And if it fails all the other great features fail too. Ask me how i know. It is not that it doesnt happend in other platforms but we are talking about the gx. Great suv with a couple of flaws. Nav system and rear door. “ just my opinion” and just like a bellybutton everyone has their own.

I like my ML system. its not exceptional, but it has saved me a bunch of money on upgrading it. you can tell it was set up for jazz and classical music. it does hamg well with some nineninch nails and shinedown. it is the 2nd best factory car audio system ive had. of all things, thr best ive had was thr infinity pro system in my 98 dodge intrepid i bought new back then. it did surprisingly well with my IASCA test disc from my car audio days. My gx does well with the iasca disc too.

Super crappy that outdated navigation/screens are a topic of conversation regarding otherwise awesome reilable trucks. What a load of crap....why do we push this so quick to be outdated not needed stuff onto ourselves?

I consider the fact that the biggest complaint point is only the integrated nav/hvac/radio/info panel. beats the heck out of grenaded transmissions, faulty ecu's, axles that leak or break easily, or oversll crappiness. that to me means these are solid vehicles, and built for the long haul. think about this...the newest gx470 is almost a decade old, and all we bitch about is the radio. thats a win to me.

Anything specifically wrong with this truck?

I just looked at the free Carfax - 4 owners. FL car till ~25K then to Ohio until ~90K, then to Maine most of the rest. Looks like it could have been a lease truck, as well. Multiple auctions. Accident reported front corner. Not the best record.

The other complaint is the satellite radio. radio channels stop at 255 or so. At least they do on ours. BUT, we have NOT paid a dime for the sat radio since we bought it. i "think" Jenny the previous owner either did a lifetime deal, or shes been paying the bill for ours. we know her name was jenny because she had two phones in the bluetooth directory nsmed jennys iphone and jennys new iphone
That is a complaint?? That is a GIFT!!:clap::clap:

That is a complaint?? That is a GIFT!!:clap::clap:

How come you didn't delete "Jenny's" phone? Big interest in Forest Gump?!?!? LOL.

Maybe I should READ.... you mentioned HAD.

Well, well, well... just got an email from a "Stephen Debnam" at T&C Toyota. The Cruiser I am still considering has had its price dropped. It's now $51,984. Still tempted, however I would love to have either another dealer or independent give it a thorough PPI, because the issue that roadstr6 pointed out still raises the eyebrows.

Buy it so I don't!

Ive had two PPI done in Charlotte; one on a 4runner at Toyota of North Charlotte, and the most recent one was on my 100 at Hendrick Toyota Concord.

The 4runner inspection was great.

The Hendrick was not great. Didnt like the tech, or the report. They also missed that the radiator was leaking pretty significantly.

I looked at the truck the other day when I was picking up some parts. No evidence of cam tower leaks. You can tell it lived in the sun. Little fade on the headlights but, yeah. Looked pretty nice to me. I didn’t lift the hood to check for radiator leaks or anything. The “problem” may have been a mistake.

I looked at the truck the other day when I was picking up some parts. No evidence of cam tower leaks. You can tell it lived in the sun. Little fade on the headlights but, yeah. Looked pretty nice to me. I didn’t lift the hood to check for radiator leaks or anything. The “problem” may have been a mistake.
roadstr6, just what truck what are you referring to? The one I am considering?

I think so. White 200 in the showroom at T&C Toyota, South Blvd, Charlotte, right?
That is correct. When you say "lived in the sun," is there paint damage?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom