Considering saying goodbye to the 200 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I am definitely a boomerang. The constant is that we always have a LC. Currently a '19 and looking at getting a '21 since it is the last....blah, blah.

I have a Ram 2500 Cummins right now. Love the truck. Tech is awesome. Poser is good. Easy to drive for its size.

Having said all of that, it will probably go away. It is just overkill if you are not pulling heavy stuff on a regular basis.

OP, in my opinion the reasons for owning a LC are either you need and value the capability(like all the off-road guys here), or you keep trucks forever and value the reliability. If you’re going to jump from vehicle to vehicle every few years as you have recently, then paying up for Land Cruiser reliability doesn’t make much sense. Get the Ram you want...I’ll bet you trade it before it becomes a reliability problem.

I keep vehicles for 10 years minimum. They are all Toyota or Lexus.

Here is my hero, who is a boomerang LC owner.....

he was considering the TRX.

DUDE. Loved Untamed. I went through 2 GXs in 3 months before just biting the bullet with a LC200. My wife thought I lost my mind and she wasn’t wrong. But thanks to Untamed I could point her to someone who was even more nuts than me. Haha. I’m happy enough now and will be holding onto the LC200 until Rivian R1S proves reliable and has 450+ miles range.

DUDE. Loved Untamed. I went through 2 GXs in 3 months before just biting the bullet with a LC200. My wife thought I lost my mind and she wasn’t wrong. But thanks to Untamed I could point her to someone who was even more nuts than me. Haha. I’m happy enough now and will be holding onto the LC200 until Rivian R1S proves reliable and has 450+ miles range.
Lol this guy just repeats himself over and over at different dealers.

Several of my friends have 400k+ miles on Cummins rams. Mine didn't give me trouble over the 80k miles I put on it.

My Ram 2500 on a Carli pintop suspension and 37s rode very nice and towed everything I own and my wife's car across the country when we moved. The interior on the new ones ranges from nice to actual luxury.

Lol this guy just repeats himself over and over at different dealers.
Yup. Spot on. How much money has that guy wasted jumping from truck to truck. 🙄

His wife must be very very patient. Mine is a saint and made it very clear that I’m through with truck shenanigans for a couple years. I agree I find the process of purchasing and upgrading stressful not enjoyable...know what you want and don’t compromise is my lesson.

FWIW I live in a rural area and have several friends who are ranchers, farmers and everything in between. These guys use their trucks harder than the dudes in the HD commercials.

That said, nearly all of them have ended up in Ford Superduties ever since Dodge went the way of the Fiat, and Dodge used to be the unofficial truck of ag in this area. Balljoint failures, headgaskets and electrical issues have been prevalent.

My excavator buddy has over 275k on his Ford 6.7L and is still on his original transmission, towing massive equipment daily. He removed the DPF/EGR as many do, but thats about it.

Just my $.02

Thanks all, sounds like the 2500 might be a bit overkill. Love the idea of it on 37s but probably not what I need

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom