Considering saying goodbye to the 200 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I picked up my 2019 LC last August and while I like the truck I have been caught daydreaming about a ram 1500 or 2500. I had a 2013 Ram, traded for a 2020 TRD Pro 4Runner, and traded that for a 2019 LC. I just felt like the ram was more comfortable and certainly has more technology (yes, I know everyone here likes the reliability over the technology aspects). This has me toying with the idea of selling the LC and going back, but I was wondering if any of you were boomerang LC owners. did you ever sell a 200 and then come back to a 200 later?

The day when a Ram has more tech than a Cruiser... O wait, that day has already long passed!

I picked up my 2019 LC last August and while I like the truck I have been caught daydreaming about a ram 1500 or 2500. I had a 2013 Ram, traded for a 2020 TRD Pro 4Runner, and traded that for a 2019 LC. I just felt like the ram was more comfortable and certainly has more technology (yes, I know everyone here likes the reliability over the technology aspects). This has me toying with the idea of selling the LC and going back, but I was wondering if any of you were boomerang LC owners. did you ever sell a 200 and then come back to a 200 later?
Paging
@codyaustin5
@mcgaskins

I wouldn't sell a Toyota for any American car, ever! I will sacrifice the tech for pure reliability. I have a fleet of Chevy and Fords at work, would never own one. My buddy is a Dodge guy. His last truck always had electrical issues. His new truck has been okay so far. My 06 Tundra has been a fantastic truck since I bought it new. I will be replacing it (due to high mileage) in next couple years with another one.

To each his own, all depends on why you need a truck. If you can swing it, keep the 200 and buy a truck too.

100% right, go get that sweet fully loaded RAM TRX its a beast, and please sell me your 2019 LC i will take it off of your hands easy :)

I currently have a Ram 2500, from my built up G550, that came after my fully built 200. I really like my 2500. The MPG is glorious, especially towing.

IMG_4345.jpeg

IMG_4378.jpeg

IMG_4383.jpeg

IMG_4826.jpeg

IMG_4844.jpeg

Life is short - get what you want. I personally have been keeping cars longer and longer each time I change horses. There was a time, however, when I would have a new (to me) car every year. If the Ram is your jam, rock it. It will almost certainly not make financial sense, but if it makes your smile bigger it's worth it.

Don't do it! I had two brand new ram 1500's, one in 2011 and in 2016. Both had major issues by 60k miles. (head gasket warping on the 2011 and blown power steering on the 2016). I did get a 3 grand payout for the 2016 though from the ecodiesel settlement.

Briefly had a 1500 I was starting to build out in early 2020, but couldn't tow my Airstream, so went 2500.

IMG_0947.jpeg

IMG_3576.jpeg

IMG_3579.jpeg

Don't do it! I had two brand new ram 1500's, one in 2011 and in 2016. Both had major issues by 60k miles. (head gasket warping on the 2011 and blown power steering on the 2016). I did get a 3 grand payout for the 2016 though from the ecodiesel settlement.
Not a fan of the Ecodiesels for sure, especially the early gen ones. Heard they had a ton of problems.

Not a fan of the Ecodiesels for sure, especially the early gen ones. Heard they had a ton of problems.
I loved the gas mileage for sure, was getting about 25 on the highway. But diesel tended to be more expensive than unleaded here in Cali, so it wasn't really even a cost savings. Any of the diesel engines are "less reliable" because of the emissions and DEF requirements. I wasn't in love with the hemi I had in the 2011 either.

I loved the gas mileage for sure, was getting about 25 on the highway. But diesel tended to be more expensive than unleaded here in Cali, so it wasn't really even a cost savings. Any of the diesel engines are "less reliable" because of the emissions and DEF requirements. I wasn't in love with the hemi I had in the 2011 either.
Makes sense. I went with the Cummins in the 2500 with 850 foot pounds of torque. Is pretty amazing. Diesel up here in OR is about 3.15 a gallon, so about the same as regular unleaded. If I was the OP I would keep the 200 unless he tows heavy.

Makes sense. I went with the Cummins in the 2500 with 850 foot pounds of torque. Is pretty amazing. Diesel up here in OR is about 3.15 a gallon, so about the same as regular unleaded. If I was the OP I would keep the 200 unless he tows heavy.
how big is your airstream?!

how big is your airstream?!
23 feet. 6K, with 1K tongue weight. Once you add passengers and gear, you would be well over the payload of most 1500's and the the 1300 pound payload of a LC 200. The payload of my 1500 Limited was a terrible 1100, which is less than my G550 and LC200.

The RAM 2500 is probably epic at towing the Airstream.

Would you say it had anything to do with the 1500 configured as a diesel? Seems on the Airstream forums, they go in circles all the time assuming all diesels are cut from the same cloth as the HD or commercial diesels. The passenger car based variants, while having a great efficiency, don't have the snuff to do real work, and consume payload being heavier engines.

To the OP, you may or may not find this useful. But the Aussie contingent being diehard cruiser lovers, definitely find reasons to enjoy the RAM now that it's available in their country. You might have some of the same needs where it suits you better.

Well with this national shortage there is good new and bad news:

Good news: your land cruiser is worth a lot more money

Bad news: you will pay msrp or over msrp for your Dodge Ram.

People in texas are paying up to 20k over for land cruisers now. I sold 3 in the last two months at MSRP but it's nuts here.

for perspective in Austin, people are paying 150k over asking price for real estate right now

Ive never seen anything like this before. Everything is NUTS right now!!!!!

I wouldn't sell a Toyota for any American car, ever! I will sacrifice the tech for pure reliability. I have a fleet of Chevy and Fords at work, would never own one. My buddy is a Dodge guy. His last truck always had electrical issues. His new truck has been okay so far. My 06 Tundra has been a fantastic truck since I bought it new. I will be replacing it (due to high mileage) in next couple years with another one.

To each his own, all depends on why you need a truck. If you can swing it, keep the 200 and buy a truck too.
Possibly this American car....but no other!
1619807982211.png

Diesel trucks are certainly good at what they do, but there are tradeoffs. Hard to park. Not quite as easy to DIY. DPF systems are a PITA. Heavy (think sand off road).

If you don't need the towing capacity of a diesel, I don't know why you'd consider a Ram at all. But, YMMV, you do you, etc.

If your 19 is 2 row and for sale, let me know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom