Considering a 100/LX470 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
OK, here it goes... wife currently drives the 4th gen 4Runner. Good truck for mummy, I'd say, with 1 or maybe 2 kids. But we've got 3 gremlins :) and space is becoming an issue. I own the 80 and wife loves driving it, ofcourse when I let her ;) . She says it is more relaxing driving the 80. So I was considering trading in the 4Runner for a 100 series/LX470 for her. She is into Mercedes E series wagon and I was thinking for that price/little less she could get more capability and space in a 100 series or LX470. What do ya'll think?

Hook into a 100!!!!
Edit: I've got a 3 kids with a set of roller draws and half height cargo barrier and it is the best room/space option around. My 2 cents worth.

I too have three kids and I think a 100 is the perfect size. We can even get three car seats across the second row! Yet its not as bulky as my old Expedition. I considered a 4runner too but I'm glad I went with the Land Cruiser.

If you are buying used now is such a good time to get a 100, gas prices have killed the resale of all large SUV's and the 100 is no exception. You can get a great deal on one in just about any year right now. Such a great car, greatly under valued.

Thanks every one. Yeah, we are thinking used as our 1st preference. Are all the later models pretty much the same or noteably different?

I have been looking at Mercedes wagons for years..........each time I bring a LC home instead :)

The E320 Wagon is really nice. Although I don't own one it has been on my, ever expanding, wish list for many years. The on caveat of the E320 is mpg...26mpg highway. Of course if the 100 is going to be used off-road then the decision is obvious...if not then, in my mind, the E320 is a fine machine that will go the distance.

Mercedes is having major quality problems and the reliablity is below the big three. I would not touch an E class Mercedes. Do the research and show your wife, I am sure she will agree. I guess another consideration is how the 100 series will be used, unless you are needing more ground clearance for off road the 4runner will do what the 100 series will do, but with about 15 cubic ft less room? Plus you are going to take a bath trading a 4th generation 4runner after 1-2 years of ownership. How many miles will you be driving it per year since the 100 series will get combined around 14-15 mpg where your 4runner gets around 17 mpg. What is the difference in the measurements in the back seat of the 4runner versus the 100 series. You might want to look at a Sequoia, lots more room compared to the 100 series and about the same mpg. Personally I would get the 100 series just because it is what it is, not because I can logically justify the purchase. Because I think if you use logic you won't trade vehicles and the kids can be a little cramped. But who wants to use logic :) Good luck.

My 100 is perfect for the family, absolutely awesome. I can load everyone on board to go out to dinner or take my wife, kid, and dog camping. Tons of room with the rear seats out.

It is just a real nice vehicle.

A buddy of mine has a E-class AMG and 01 LC. His E-class is plagued w/ electronic gremlins while on his LC, he's only changed the oil, air filter, and rear pads. He says the LC drives like a luxury sedan.

Ok, I should have read this thread. We currently have a 00 E320 Wagon and 99 LC. My wife was driving the E320 but now she has taken over the 100. The 00 e320 is one of the largest wagons however it is not even close to the size of an LC. Also, bending down to load children in is a PITA. The LC is a perfect load height for my 5 foot 3 inch wife, with a 3 year old and 18 month old. And the major factor is the rear AC vents pointing directly at my children, they love it.

The e320 gets 29 mpg on the highway and is a very quick wagon. 22 mpg around town. We purchased a starmark certified vehicle and it still has warranty. I am actually trying to sell the e320 as we speak. I have no self control what so ever when it comes to fast cars on the highway. 90 to 100 mph is super easy and this e320 is not a fast car by today's standard's.

Go with a LX or LC, she will love it.

uzj100

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom