confusion on eBay sale Joetlc led taillights (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So my vehicle? well.... for from being stock.

i decided Im going to contact AVNET here in phoenix for some lights and maybe APEX if i can't do it myself..the aircraft landing lights are on on hold for now.

I found some kewl led taillights online a while ago i think from cool cruisers but I'm not sure so i went to eBay and found the same type..probably bout 60 diodes each and 20 bucks cheaper than anything i found online however...

there are 4 images on the listing and I've uploaded them as listing shows...so the first 3 are what I wanted to bid on but the last image is a bit confusing with a different light...so we got 3 with the same light and its the first three and then the last one..which i figured its different but maybe its just to show what the other light after instillation would be like.

I contacted joetlc and asked ...which auction is this for...the multiple diode lights as shown in the 3 images or is it for the last image type led light?

I got an email back which was very disappointing and not sure how to proceed because ONE I'm pissed for not finding the ones i thought they were. TWO why list images of lights the auction isn't about. THREE is is fraud. i jut think i should cool off but really. this is why eBay sucks. is joe tic a shady seller? I can tell
the listing is for the last light with the few diodes not the many. So I'm curious'

would this be manipulation in a sense since there is an image of the actual light, but the first three are of a different one thats not for the auction? is s false advertising at all.

Im not sure if i should ask them to remove the false images.

has anyone here had bad experience "currently" with JOETLC? I searched and the last thing i found is 2009 on mud

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

I am pretty sure Joetlc and JT Outfitters are the same thing or related somehow. That might help explain everything.

Joe TLC on ebay is JTOutfitters. Do a search here on Mud. There's plenty to read up on. Most haven't had the best luck with them. I've bought a few things over the years and haven't had a problem. With that said, I also buy from them knowing their reputation. If I get screwed or am disappointed with a product, I'm ready for it.

I surely would not hack on EBay as they are an auction/sale site that relies on the users to be honest and send what they have advertised. That said, it is joetlc who needs to remedy this. Also, ebay has a pathway as well to dispute this kind of thing. So, if no-go with joe, get with ebay and dispute. It is done all the time and yes, it works.

I purchased these from JTO about three years ago when I started to work on my 40. They are bright and were easy to install.

I have bought a lot from them and haven't had any real trouble. Maybe it is because they are close enough to drive to, like I did this week. I don't want to fan a flame but whether it is 60 diodes or 10 the lights still do the same thing, indicate a braking or a turn function. If the lights at JTO aren't what you want, there are other sellers and we have all used those.

DSCN0633.JPG

I appreciate the input thank you very much for all the replies I’ll see where to take it from here again thank you so much for the help and the input

I'll second that I have purchased a lot of items from these guys and have never had a problem

Cheers
Steve

Again thank you very much for the input so so far I’ve received ones that are input concerning that they’ve never had a problem with their sales and I received one concerning that they’ve had problem with sales.

So here’s my concern that’s not really telling me anything about why somebody would put four pictures on an eBay auction and only one of the pictures is for the item for sale that’s all I was wondering did it seem to be shady or I could’ve just been an honest mistake.

However again I appreciate the input and I will definitely step back and decide if the LED taillights that they are trying to sell or worth my time.

The reason I was looking for the multi LED taillights is because I was gonna take them to Apex and have them made into sequential taillights I thought that would’ve been awesome instead of blinking they would dance to the left where dance to the right like a mustang tail light.

And when I put on my brakes I want to module Set to flower open the light instead of just immediately on.

That was my thinking on getting the multi LED taillight.

The information and input here in this forum has been insightful and has been respectful and I think without the site I probably would’ve really had no direction on where to go with my FJ 40

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom