Confirmation on Tire / Wheel Purchase... looking for a thumbs up from LC pro's before I buy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Taking my 16 LX570 on it's inaugural road trip, Nov/Dec, 3,000 miles. Bay Area > Tahoe > Vegas > Bellingham > Back.

Going to run into some snow (hopefully) but will also be doing some off-roading at each destination/along the way.

I need to order new wheels and tires to replace the stock 21's. I'd like to order soon, so I can install this week.

Looking for confirmation on purchase and/or if I should get something different. If you think something else, can you provide a link?

Wheels - Method 17": 702 | Matte Black - https://www.methodracewheels.com/products/702-matte-black-1?variant=13608310669373

Tires - BF Goodrich KO2's: LT 285 / 70R17: (33's, referenced the chart in ih8mud and filtered for non lifted 200's and no rubbing, as I'm looking for a simple tire/wheel swap): https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tire...ed White Letters&partnum=87R7KO2RWL&tab=Sizes

Thanks and sorry for a tire/wheel question. Just looking for a couple thumbs ups so I can purchase with confidence.

That 0 (zero) Offset wheel will probably cause some clearance issues, but I'll let those with experience on the LX570 weigh in with more direct info.

HTH

Good call out, in the chart, everyone with this tire size said they had a 50 offset. I wasn't sure if 0 would cause any issues.

You want to target 50 to 25 offset. You can probably get away with zero at 33” but you may want to do a bit of digging first. There a low offset thread around.
Other wheels to consider
Evo corse 17”
Icon vector 17”

0 offset will protrude past the fenders and make a huge mess of the side of the truck. Also wreck your scrub radius.. bump and torque steer will be much more noticeable.

As @grinchy said look for 50-25. Rock warriors were built by toyota for tundra geometry with the exact size tire you plan, which the 200 shares, and they are 50mm offset.

Last edited:
As @grinchy said look for 50-25. Rock warriors were built by toyota for tundra geometry with the exact size tire you plan, which the 200 shares, and they are 50mm offset.
Don’t most people with Rock Warriors also run spacers to hit about 30 mm offset?

Don’t most people with Rock Warriors also run spacers to hit about 30 mm offset?
Not sure about “most”. I don’t and can recall plenty of builds without. But even 30 is a long way from 0.

@bloc yep, I'm thinking the Rock Warriors are the way to go. Made a Copy of the chart and everyone with no lift/no rubbing are on the RW 17's and KO2's 285/70/17's.

Now just need to find some RW's.

Screen Shot 2021-10-17 at 9.29.41 AM.png

For the record I wasn’t recommending a wheel that is very hard to find.. just pointing out what toyota did with offset to maintain clearance and geometry with that tire size.

But yes I am very happy with my RWs between the low weight, geometry, knowing they are rated strong enough, and keeping mud under the truck instead of on the side of it (and therefore all over me on camping trips)

For the record I wasn’t recommending a wheel that is very hard to find.. just pointing out what toyota did with offset to maintain clearance and geometry with that tire size.

But yes I am very happy with my RWs between the low weight, geometry, knowing they are rated strong enough, and keeping mud under the truck instead of on the side of it (and therefore all over me on camping trips)
I'm down to get the RW's, just want to make sure they fit on the 16+ LX570. All posts are about the Land Cruiser, just trying to see if anyone put them on the newer LX's.

Is ebay the best place to get RW's or can you order them directly from Toyota?

My buddy runs them on his 2009 LX570 200 series with 285/75's and the AHC lift mod, no issues.

I don't. In fact, I can easily foresee rubbing on the front of the front wheel well plastic parts if I were to run spacers. Neutral Scrub Radius is maintained with the 50mm Offset and the LT285/70R17 tires - I was never tempted to screw up Toyota's recommended geometry with spacers.

HTH

Ill add my two cents, I love a good tire wheel thread. . All good stuff above. In regards to scrub radius and wheel offset. I have run 60mm, 56mm, 45mm and 25mm offset wheels with 33" tires and couldn't tell a noticeable difference in handling or "scrub". I have a lift and aftermarket bumpers so aesthetically 25mm looks the best and doesn't rub other then the rear mud flaps on the front wheel well. A little trimming of mud flaps resolved the rub spot.

Rock warriors would be the way to go. Finding 5 to have a matching spare will be a challenge but worth if you there is no plan to upsize in tires where a lower offset would be needed.

For a basic 33" option that would be the economical route using 18" LC wheels and LT285/65R18 or LT275/70r18 tires would also do the trick.

Last edited:
I'm down to get the RW's, just want to make sure they fit on the 16+ LX570. All posts are about the Land Cruiser, just trying to see if anyone put them on the newer LX's.

Is ebay the best place to get RW's or can you order them directly from Toyota?
Rock warriors will definitely fit on your 16+ LX, as long as you use the appropriate lug nut set. Same brake size as the Tundra, which is where rock warriors came from in the first place.

You cannot get them direct from toyota, and if you did they'd be quite expensive. Ebay or facebook marketplace/craigslist/classified section here is the way to go.

Reason I said I didn't recommend RW is it will be quite tough to source a good set with the deadline you have.

Another note about the lugs if you do find a set of rock warriors.. use the official McGard lugs with the rotating cone seat, the shorter length is fine, and ditch the locking lugs in the set. Get 4 more plain ones. The locking lugs don't have the rotating seat, and this is important to torque properly as well as avoid galling the mating surface on the wheel.

Looking to just swap wheels/tires and avoid a lift/spacers at this juncture

Read up on what the AHC lift is, there's nothing added to your suspension. My point is that RW's work just fine on the LX.

Another user posted pictures with BFG LT275/65R18 and the Tundra OEM TRD18's

I like the look of these. Presume decent wheels given their TRD's.

I like that they're a little less aggressive than the RW's

Thoughts?

1729ED8D-17E3-4D89-ACA4-3EBB57991CEF.jpeg

5D0FABBE-7328-487A-B5DE-BB282F37654C.jpeg

Yes the 5x150 bolt pattern of the tundras will fit. Offset is 60mm if I remember correctly..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom