Builds Conde Cruiser Build---1970 FJ40 FST (7 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Badass.
For the other side, no one has ever done a cooler/jerry can rack. 😏.

What else would make sense? If you’re an avid cyclist, a bike rack? Storage space is always an issue in 40, some sort of vertical storage box?
Camp kitchen? A receiver tube and make several options depending on the need?

Got the fuel pump rebuilt today with @Cruiser Cult rebuild kit that I've had for a while and also put a new fuel line on from pump to carb. That came from Red Line Land Cruisers. The pump was leaking pretty good, and I can see why. Gaskets were toast.

20240218_162719.jpg

Got the fuel pump rebuilt today with @Cruiser Cult rebuild kit that I've had for a while and also put a new fuel line on from pump to carb. That came from Red Line Land Cruisers. The pump was leaking pretty good, and I can see why. Gaskets were toast.

View attachment 3561190
Definitely toasted!!
Thank you for the support! :cheers:

Last edited:
Picked up a Surco roof rack last weekend. Got it on this week. I'm liking it. It's really lite.
So, turns out, my gas guage was off a bit. Took it out for a drive this morning and noticed it was studdering a bit. Got it home and had it idling for about 5 mins and it ran out of gas. Pulled the cluster and calibrated the gas and oil pressure guages and all is right with my little world now. Changed the oil to get the gas out of it from the fuel pump being wore out. Good to go now. Its running good now.

20240225_134747.jpg

20240225_134734.jpg

Nice rack

Got a few things done this weekend. My trans was a little noisy when I started really driving this thing. Was getting progressively worse. When I first drained it 2 years ago it was the color of a cup of coffee with too much creamer. I gambled and I didn't pay off. Reached out to @jkdur728 and got an early 60 series 4 speed with a split case. Dropped the old trans saturday and got the top plate switched over along with the bypass line. I might try to get it back in this weekend. Since I had to pull the seats out to get the trans out, I went ahead and installed my new seat covers.
The final piece to my windshield wiper dilemma came in the mail today. I'm really excited for this one. Mark @Coolerman knocked it out the park when I inquired about fitting my TNK motors to my '78 switch. It's a real piece of art. It will go in this weekend while the heater and duct work is out.

e12eb6af-b37a-4b3f-a289-fcfd881804de.jpg

20240316_154152.jpg

20240318_185744.jpg

20240318_190223.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom