COMPLETED FJ40 Stereo Installation... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well, the 1972 FJ40 made its maiden voyage to Lake Tahoe with almost everything finished. We still need to replace the distributor, wires and coil... and add rear disc brakes.

BUT, the stereo was complete! And as promised, I have pasted the URL to the picture set of the stereo install:

Sony iPOD deck
JL Audio XD 400/4 main amplifier
JL Audio XD 300/1 sub amplifier
Custom made speaker pods (front and rear) with Diamond SXP65 front and rears
Custom made subwoofer enclosure (passenger seat) with MTX TT65 Sub

http://www.flickr.com/photos/91476398@N06/sets/72157632323777509/

Nice setup and clean install on the amps. I would be worried about damaging the rear speakers when you've got gear in the back but other then that very nice.

Really nice work! I like the idea of putting stuff under the seats.

I assume your gas tank is between the frame rails in the back?

I have an aux tank. This makes me debate whether I should get rid of the factory tank for my stereo install and just go with the auxiliary! Great way to save space.

We only eight posts and all about stereo, speakers and aux tank not sure what engine your running. In stock form the exhaust runs below the skid plate but it's rare to see one that hasn't been moved above the skid plate which puts it right below your amps. I know that when I removed the tool box I keep in under the seat tool box it almost to hot to handle. If you put the cover on the tool box to protect your amps and connections your might have a problem. Besides the heat from the exhaust your amp will generate their own heat.

Thought I was pretty familiar with the glock line. The glock 22, 23 & 27 are .40 s&w...not sure what an sp 81 is...

Not to take this thread even further off track...

That's a nice set up. Did you make the front door panels ?

Looking good mate! How did you make the boxes/panels/pods thingamajiggys?

I guess the most important question is, how does she sound???

Iv just got 2 x 6" speakers screwed into the doors. She sounds pretty good for what i have got, but i made the mistake of putting the speakers in an awkward spot, so it becomes a PITA to get comfortable... Especially when you drive 1200km in 2 days... Yours look like it is just in the right position...?

Thought I was pretty familiar with the glock line. The glock 22, 23 & 27 are .40 s&w...not sure what an sp 81 is...

Not to take this thread even further off track...

.40 GAP for Glocks, we know what you meant.

No...I meant .40 S&W, because smith & wesson designed the cartridge. Just like .45 acp stands for Automatic Colt Pistol, because colt designed the cartridge. Glock as well as many other manufactures make guns in both calibers.

PC fan

I know that when I removed the tool box I keep in under the seat tool box it almost to hot to handle. If you put the cover on the tool box to protect your amps and connections your might have a problem. Besides the heat from the exhaust your amp will generate their own heat.

I'll bet you could cut a small hole in the toolbox and install a low power computer fan or similar to move some air out of that box, might move enough air to keep it cool, and keep your feet warm . . .

I'll bet you could cut a small hole in the toolbox and install a low power computer fan or similar to move some air out of that box, might move enough air to keep it cool, and keep your feet warm . . .

Not a bad idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom