Parting Out Colorado: 1970 FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1970FJRestomod

SILVER Star
Threads
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
Hello! Just started on a restomod journey of my 1970 FJ40, and looking to get the bits and bobs I will not be reusing, to a home where they will be useful and appreciated!

it came apart as a solid runner. engine fires perfectly even in sub zero temps and its just a perfect example of original. It has 117k original miles, and nothing has ever been touched internally in any running gear. I might also be sellling the axle assemblies, but I need to research their HP capability first. Trans and transfercase work seemlessly. This was a rig I bought off my neighbor as he was moving, and had been a plow truck for the last 35 years. He was the original owner!!!!!! anywho, I am doing a restoration on the body and frame, and modernizing it for fun sunday drives(small block v-8, 5 spd, fuel injection, disc brakes, power steering, comfy seats!), so the engine, trans and transfer are of no use to me. If anyone is interested, hit me up and also, if anyone can give me a clue what these pieces are worth, that would be appreciated too!

I will be posting here through the process, so if you want to follow along on my first FJ project(I have a 67 GT350 Shelby I did 20 years ago), DM me! This should take a year or so I suspect

Screen Shot 2023-11-29 at 9.47.03 PM.png

I am looking for the driver side (left) rear motor mount bracket that bolts onto the 3 speed bellhousing and the three bolts that bolt it onto the bellhousing. Do you have those handy?

I am looking for the driver side (left) rear motor mount bracket that bolts onto the 3 speed bellhousing and the three bolts that bolt it onto the bellhousing. Do you have those handy?
I should, when I get the motor and trans yanked out this week. I am a bit apprehensive about selling just a single mount though at this point....if you want to make me an offer for the set, I would listen, but I think something like this I would want to first try selling as a complete set.

I'd be interested in the filter assembly, carburetor, and exhaust manifold setup. Please let me know if those might still be available - feel free to PM me with thoughts on cost as well. Thanks!

Have you dated the cruiser by month. Appears to be a late 69 model. Any pictures of the engine? Have the serial number?

Have you dated the cruiser by month. Appears to be a late 69 model. Any pictures of the engine? Have the serial number?
yep. engine number seems to be a early 70 but the month of the cruiser is end of sept. 69, so damn good eye!!! titled as a 1970.

Hello! Just started on a restomod journey of my 1970 FJ40, and looking to get the bits and bobs I will not be reusing, to a home where they will be useful and appreciated!

it came apart as a solid runner. engine fires perfectly even in sub zero temps and its just a perfect example of original. It has 117k original miles, and nothing has ever been touched internally in any running gear. I might also be sellling the axle assemblies, but I need to research their HP capability first. Trans and transfercase work seemlessly. This was a rig I bought off my neighbor as he was moving, and had been a plow truck for the last 35 years. He was the original owner!!!!!! anywho, I am doing a restoration on the body and frame, and modernizing it for fun sunday drives(small block v-8, 5 spd, fuel injection, disc brakes, power steering, comfy seats!), so the engine, trans and transfer are of no use to me. If anyone is interested, hit me up and also, if anyone can give me a clue what these pieces are worth, that would be appreciated too!

I will be posting here through the process, so if you want to follow along on my first FJ project(I have a 67 GT350 Shelby I did 20 years ago), DM me! This should take a year or so I suspect

View attachment 3494863
Are you selling the drivers side original seat?

View attachment 3494863
I need an original drivers seat. Would you happen to be selling one?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom