cold start - the wise thing to do (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This is probably a dumb question but you know how you should wait 10 min. when starting a carbureted engine in the cold mornings. well sense you are warming up the engine should you do this with a fuel injected engine also? I mean the paint is to warm up the engine . just because you have fuel injection doesn't mean the ENGINE warms up right away apposed to carbureted engine ...does it?

It is always good to warm up the engine, some say idle is not the best way and that slow driving is better, but thats another thread. Other than the benefits of warming up the engine before stressing it for a carbed engine is that the carbs don't like being cold, so you have driveability issues with a cold carbed engine. Plus its nice to get in a nice toasty car that already has the windows defrosted so that you aren't peeking out the little hole in the ice going down the road
My .02
Dan

Call me old-fashioned but I think a proper warm-up before driving is a good thing.

thanx alot thats what i thought that it was good for all cars but the carb needs to be warm thanks. Good to know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom