Code remains after new O2 sensor (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Got P0037 code and replaced both downstream O2 sensors with Denso. Code came back on and took to my local shop but they were unable to diagnose and suggested going to dealer who may have better diagnostics. Any ideas before trying to navigate stealership nightmare?

P0037 is a code for a fault with the B1S2 downstream oxygen sensor heater circuit. Most often it is a failure in the sensor- but not always. Usually I will disconnect the sensor and check resistance of the heater with a multimeter.Feb 28, 2022

I'd start at fuses and wire check

P0037 is a code for a fault with the B1S2 downstream oxygen sensor heater circuit. Most often it is a failure in the sensor- but not always. Usually I will disconnect the sensor and check resistance of the heater with a multimeter.Feb 28, 2022

I'd start at fuses and wire check
So for the fuse is it number 38 here? And what should I check for wire/how? Not great/confident with electrical

That looks like the right fuse.

That error is specific to bank 1, sensor 2 (driver side/left hand, rear most sensor).

I'd suggest checking the wiring around the sensor, make sure it's plugged in good, etc.

If the parts #s are same for both banks (driver and passenger side), you could try swapping the sensors to see if code goes away or changes.

Did you clear the codes after install of new sensors?

That looks like the right fuse.

That error is specific to bank 1, sensor 2 (driver side/left hand, rear most sensor).

I'd suggest checking the wiring around the sensor, make sure it's plugged in good, etc.

If the parts #s are same for both banks (driver and passenger side), you could try swapping the sensors to see if code goes away or changes.

Did you clear the codes after install of new sensors?
Yes cleared the code after install then drove for about 5 minutes and came back on same code.

On the 2000 models all 4 oxygen sensor heaters are on the same fuse (20A EFI or ECD). If there is a code for a single sensor, it is not very likely to be a fuse.

If you are uncomfortable diagnosing this yourself, find another shop. It should not be very difficult for 99% of shops.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom