Coastal offroad sliders and AHC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anybody have Coastal Offroad kit sliders on their LX470 with AHC ? I think this slider set is not using U bolt and you have to weld this directly to the chasis ? If so I dont think it will be compatible with AHC ?

Here are the 2x pics from their product page.
IMG_9518.jpg

IMG_9516.jpg

There needs to be an L bracket at the base of those legs then weld it to the frame for strength, this looks like it'll rip right off if you come down on a rock. What's wrong with metaltech sliders that's AHC compatible and been proven to hold up the weight of the truck?

Anybody have Coastal Offroad kit sliders on their LX470 with AHC ? I think this slider set is not using U bolt and you have to weld this directly to the chasis ? If so I dont think it will be compatible with AHC ?

They are made to weld onto the frame.

I would suggest that if you are able to weld a slider kit together you shouldn't have much trouble adding a plate with holes to make them bolt-on. You can get square u-bolts from a variety of places including Metaltech or McMaster-Carr. You could also put a plate on each side of the frame and use simple bolts from anywhere.

They are made to weld onto the frame.

I would suggest that if you are able to weld a slider kit together you shouldn't have much trouble adding a plate with holes to make them bolt-on. You can get square u-bolts from a variety of places including Metaltech or McMaster-Carr. You could also put a plate on each side of the frame and use simple bolts from anywhere.

yes, that is a great idea and with my current AHC setup, I doubt I can use all the 3 feet. I know that everybody uses 3 munting feet/points for non AHC vehicle and 2 for AHC. I wonder if there's any compromise in flex and strength on 3 vs 2. I bet the non AHC 3 feet sliders will be more robust and rigid.

I would love to do a little more research on sliders for my 06 LC with AHC. I would definitely prefer to have it welded to the frame. It looks like there might be a way to weld that third member or leg although they would be offset. Following along ...

yes, that is a great idea and with my current AHC setup, I doubt I can use all the 3 feet. I know that everybody uses 3 munting feet/points for non AHC vehicle and 2 for AHC. I wonder if there's any compromise in flex and strength on 3 vs 2. I bet the non AHC 3 feet sliders will be more robust and rigid.

Very likely that 3 legs is stronger than two (I mean...duh), but two-leg sliders have held up to serious abuse on a rig that regularly weighs 7500# fully loaded. I think it's not something to be too concerned over. Mine are Metaltech, but I'm sure any of the serious 100-series vendors' sliders would be fine as well.

I have welded on sliders and not worried about it. I don't know a lot about steel strengths etc but feel like decent welds are better than bolts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom