Coastal Offroad Front Bumper Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sorry to bring up an old thread but I just got my Coastal bumper welded and installed the other day. Is the bottom of your grill attached to anything. The only thing attached is the top part of the grill. My bottom grill basically flaps around. Im afraid that it’ll just fly off after a while. Lol. Is there a fix to this?

Sorry to bring up an old thread but I just got my Coastal bumper welded and installed the other day. Is the bottom of your grill attached to anything. The only thing attached is the top part of the grill. My bottom grill basically flaps around. Im afraid that it’ll just fly off after a while. Lol. Is there a fix to this?
Post some pic's when you figure it out! 👍

I assume you had to remove the horizontal metal brace behind the grill? For my Victory that brace stays in place, along with the plastic "pockets" the grill ties into. You can see the horizontal brace in this picture.
IMG_1171.jpeg

If that brace is gone, I would suggest creating a brace from the grill to the vertical brace in front of the condenser. You might be able to utilize this piece that went between the aforementioned horizontal brace and the vertical brace, but may have to lengthen it somewhat if the horizontal brace is gone. Or make a new one. And, of course, you will have to figure out how to tie it into the grill.
IMG_1168.jpeg

I assume you had to remove the horizontal metal brace behind the grill? For my Victory that brace stays in place, along with the plastic "pockets" the grill ties into. You can see the horizontal brace in this picture.
View attachment 3260840

If that brace is gone, I would suggest creating a brace from the grill to the vertical brace in front of the condenser. You might be able to utilize this piece that went between the aforementioned horizontal brace and the vertical brace, but may have to lengthen it somewhat if the horizontal brace is gone. Or make a new one. And, of course, you will have to figure out how to tie it into the grill.
View attachment 3260841
I found the horizontal base but I think I need to fabricate something to hold the tabs in place. The original tabs are built in the oem bumper cover.
What year is your gx?

Post some pictures of it installed. I will be glad to give your some quick fab ideas . I put on the Victory4x4 on my 13 GX and they sent button head screws to attach the grill and cover to the bumper. Put the pictures up .

Post some pictures of it installed. I will be glad to give your some quick fab ideas . I put on the Victory4x4 on my 13 GX and they sent button head screws to attach the grill and cover to the bumper. Put the pictures up .
Here are the pics of the grill installed. The bottom tabs are circled.

5F2F9C9C-88E6-4FCC-9011-7393EB2AC8C9.jpeg

F19C609B-74CC-491E-B6BC-0E7F6547316A.jpeg

EC2D2166-3333-4309-AF45-F892169EAB3D.jpeg

Try this on a couple of them and see if it feels right. Drill a hole 5/32 thru the through the tab and metal tabs that are over the metal frame. Put a 1/8 zip tie in from underneath.
Then take the head of another exact zip tie and cut the tail off. Slide the head down the tail of the first zip tie til it’s almost tight. This should hold the grill I place. . If it feels good do the others. You can make a plastic tab extension for the tabs that need to be longer. Let me know if this hack works for you. Thanks Anthony

I found the horizontal base but I think I need to fabricate something to hold the tabs in place. The original tabs are built in the oem bumper cover.
What year is your gx?
Mine is a 2018.

I can’t wait to see that finished. As you can see most front end parts are really lightweight mounted. Can you cut the part off the original bumper cover and reuse it ? A little flat black paint makes all that stuff look better .

What’s with this Cali weather. The snow on all the mountains coming up over 58 through Tehachapi was awesome to see. I have never seen California this wet. Heading to north Cali to see family.
I really likes the Coastal bumpers. I welded one for my Suzuki it turned out fine for that vehicle. I just knew my welding would need to be better than my shaking hands can do now. .

Try this on a couple of them and see if it feels right. Drill a hole 5/32 thru the through the tab and metal tabs that are over the metal frame. Put a 1/8 zip tie in from underneath.
Then take the head of another exact zip tie and cut the tail off. Slide the head down the tail of the first zip tie til it’s almost tight. This should hold the grill I place. . If it feels good do the others. You can make a plastic tab extension for the tabs that need to be longer. Let me know if this hack works for you. Thanks Anthony
Sounds like a plan. Thank you!

I can’t wait to see that finished. As you can see most front end parts are really lightweight mounted. Can you cut the part off the original bumper cover and reuse it ? A little flat black paint makes all that stuff look better .
I was thinking about that. I need to really look at the bumper.

Not really. I did add 2 zipties but I am not sure they are doing any good. It has been that way for 2+ years and the grill seems just as secured as when I mounted the bumper. I can take some pictures later today if that is helpful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom