CMCC 2022 registration is now open! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

SteveNJ

SILVER Star
Threads
Coal Mine Cruiser Classic 2022 registration is now open!

Coal Mine Cruiser Classic – Gotham City Land Cruisers

Want to do less wheeling and more overlanding?
Expo CMCC is coming back to CMCC this year! Spend 4 days/3 nights exploring Bald Eagle State Forest as part of guided group!

New Change: You MUST have an FRS/GMRS radio. We are no longer using CB for trail communication.

GCLC20 will get any attendees 20% off their order of Rugged Radios manufactured products

Last edited:
Only two parties have signed up so far. I’m hoping for 2 or 3 more. True, it’s not hardcore wheelin, but on the other hand, there is absolutely zero adult supervision! Sadly, here in the US Overlanding has been given a bad name. We really don’t do that, so, let’s call it what it is, camping & light wheeling, or as the rest of the world would call it, 4wd touring. Peace out !!

I'll be trying to hype it up some more shortly to see if we can't get a few more for you Don.

Just registered for coal mine looking forward to another great event!!!!!

Gary,
Registered too. Already know that Melissa will not be available to attend (she starts residency in June). Just starting to discuss who / if I will have a replacement co-pilot but I am hopeful that the princess may opt to come this year.
See you there

Looking forward to the event! Tell Melissa to make the most out of her medical studies I think she'll make a great doctor.

Looking forward to the event! Tell Melissa to make the most out of her medical studies I think she'll make a great doctor.

Will do. Thanks.

Just signed up and excited for this trip. After speaking with Don, I signed up for expocmcc and am looking forward to exploring a part of PA that I haven't been to yet. I might skip out for a day to hit the trails at AOAA also.

For anyone complaining AOAA didn't have enough challenge, there's now the Mammoth! :

GCLC20 will get any attendees 20% off their order of Rugged Radios manufactured products

Now that we are officially into summer it’s time to remind you that there are only 15 days left to register for the 22nd Coal Mine Cruiser Classic and get a shirt/driver bag!
Proceeds from the raffle night will go to @treadlightlyteam and @thejillianfund

Coal Mine Cruiser Classic – Gotham City Land Cruisers

gclcli.com
gclcli.com

Done ... Looking forward to this.

Per yesterdays email from Jon Held, CMCC has been shortened by a day (starting on Thursday rather than Wednesday) because the parks are short staffed.

Will this team be arranging for any alternate (non-park) wheeling or activities?

With this change to the event, Carolyn and I will need to adjust our plans. We had planned to spend Friday to Tuesday exploring/enjoying the Blue Ridge Parkway & Skyline Drive, then arrive in Pine Grove Tuesday evening. If there are alternatives for Wednesday that we might be welcomed to join, we would love to be able to consider them. Otherwise, we will need to make adjustments like starting our BRP drive on Saturday or spend Wednesday seeing sights not currently in the plan (such as Antietam Gettysburg or Harpers Ferry).

Thank you for your help

Per yesterdays email from Jon Held, CMCC has been shortened by a day (starting on Thursday rather than Wednesday) because the parks are short staffed.

Will this team be arranging for any alternate (non-park) wheeling or activities?

With this change to the event, Carolyn and I will need to adjust our plans. We had planned to spend Friday to Tuesday exploring/enjoying the Blue Ridge Parkway & Skyline Drive, then arrive in Pine Grove Tuesday evening. If there are alternatives for Wednesday that we might be welcomed to join, we would love to be able to consider them. Otherwise, we will need to make adjustments like starting our BRP drive on Saturday or spend Wednesday seeing sights not currently in the plan (such as Antietam Gettysburg or Harpers Ferry).

Thank you for your help
Try sending rubicondon53 a message, from what I understand, it's just the off-road parks that are closed on Wednesday and the expocmcc group is still planning to meet at the Walmart on Wednesday morning. We will be exploring bald eagle state forest. Don put a list of who's going and where we will be each day on the cmcc website if you want to look it over and maybe tag along for a day. The schedule seems pretty flexible as I asked him if I could skip out for a day to do the trails at AOAA and he had no issues with that.

Try sending rubicondon53 a message, from what I understand, it's just the off-road parks that are closed on Wednesday and the expocmcc group is still planning to meet at the Walmart on Wednesday morning. We will be exploring bald eagle state forest. Don put a list of who's going and where we will be each day on the cmcc website if you want to look it over and maybe tag along for a day. The schedule seems pretty flexible as I asked him if I could skip out for a day to do the trails at AOAA and he had no issues with that.

As stated in the email, this does not effect the ExpoCMCC run. If you intend to run with that group, please register for the ExpoCMCC run on the page.

Fully understood that plans for the expo run are not changed. The communication from the event staff was absolutely clear. Thanks for the replies but I made no reference to the expo run so sorry for your confusion. I had no interest in the expo run before or does the change to the event cause me to modify my interest now.

Further based on Jon's email, it was clear that the event staff were not making or offering alternatives for Wednesday (if they had been, Jon would have mentioned them in the email).

I made the brash assumption that with the event in the Keystone chapter's backyard that they know the area and might be making alternative plans for the day. As with the nature of assumptions, swing and a miss on my part.

I may be the last one, but registration done. I’ve never been before, but excited to meet more people here and learn the trails. Trying to decide if my 8 year old daughter is going to come with or not, I put her on everything so we can make the call last minute. Any other kids coming so she has some company?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom