clutch (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
i can hear the cluch disk slip and engage when i press the clutch pedal up and down. i havent driven it yet but i dont remeber hearing this before. is this normal?

i drove it and it seems like i hear the same noise while driving, its like a sanding noise, every time i get on the gas. i put it in third and reved it with the clutch in but i didnt go anywhere. can anyone please shed some light?

try washing it out, let it dry them try it again

Sounds like you need to readjust it then. From the first post it wasn't clear you installed a new clutch. Unless you went wheeling in the mud or something not mentioned...

IIRC, you should adjust the acorn nut and locking nut until there is about 5mm of freeplay. If it is too tight, you may not be letting the clutch fully engage.

GL

a new clutch will make noise at first until the machined surfaces wear a little smoother give a couple of days . It does need to be adjusted though if it is slipping.

There is also an adjustment under the dash above the pedal to adjust pedal freeplay. If that is too tight it won't let the clutch engage either. BTDT on a friends Cruiser. His truck wouldn't hold high gear heading up hill. Pulled off on the side of the highway and adjusted the whole clutch system so I could continue my journey...

Check a service manual on how to adjust the clutch.

Nick

hey thanks guys, i guess i do have a manual somewhere to refer to. i will adjust the fork and bleed the clutch soon to get it perfect (hope thats all it is) then i will wheel it soon and post some pics. i apreciate the people on this forum helping me out so much as the learn the "way of the cruiser". Thanks Again--Kyle

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom