Club wheeling June 12 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Fun day, perfect trails for the first time in a 40!

The truck was a bit of a handful at times. V8, no power steering , drum brakes, rock hard seats, and an unhappy carb. This was the first time I drove this truck more than a 1/2 mile.

I initially bought it to flip, but when I put the wheels/tires on it, I started to change my mind. Yesterday solidified that I'm keeping it!

What's one more Land Cruiser???

91398E88-F02E-4222-9595-60FC179D10CE.jpeg

776938BE-23D9-4614-8E78-A3C08B03F3FD.jpeg

Fun day, perfect trails for the first time in a 40!

The truck was a bit of a handful at times. V8, no power steering , drum brakes, rock hard seats, and an unhappy carb. This was the first time I drove this truck more than a 1/2 mile.

I initially bought it to flip, but when I put the wheels/tires on it, I started to change my mind. Yesterday solidified that I'm keeping it!

What's one more Land Cruiser???

View attachment 2702515
View attachment 2702516
40 looks like it needs a winch. I might know a guy...

@Crusha - stock Toyota trans and gearing or something else? Just curious if you got to experience the joy of the 28:1 low range I’ve been dealing with.

@Crusha - stock Toyota trans and gearing or something else? Just curious if you got to experience the joy of the 28:1 low range I’ve been dealing with.

if it's the oe transfer for the 74....it has the "3spd" low range in it, which is the lower low range gearing than the later 75 and up gearing.

if it's the oe transfer for the 74....it has the "3spd" low range in it, which is the lower low range gearing than the later 75 and up gearing.

marginal difference is I recall - 2.3 vs 1.9 or something… I guess every little bit helps.

I do not know Crusha's red 40 well, but I would say he had the gears for the day.

It was his V8 running poorly which made things much more challenging than they had to be.

I believe he is sorting out the carburetor and has thrown some fresh plugs in it since.....?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom