Club wheeling June 12 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Pacer

Keystone Cruiser
GOLD Star
Threads
My junk is still on the trailer and functional after an awesome run to Uwharrie National Forest last weekend.

I'm inclined to leave it on there and head up to AOAA again this upcoming weekend to do some more recon for the upcoming CMCC.

Let's wheel!

PXL_20210607_185723508.jpg
PXL_20210605_160858493.jpg

I shouldn't have spent all that time washing the cruiser yesterday..

I want to be in .. will be a game time decision and let you guys know via text if I am on my way.

I'll have to call it a real good day on the trails yesterday. Thanks to Greg for taking me along as a passenger in his 40- first time he's wheeled a 40 series! Four trucks- Chris in his 80, Pacer in the Trekker, Vince in the Lexus and Greg in the 40. I was the only passenger. We left the staging area and headed right for trail 12 and took it all the way out to the absolute end of the trial. I was a bit confused at one point as the maplets didn't have the part of trail 12 that we were on! It all worked out. It's a neat trail great for a blue/green run with a few sections of harder loops attached if one wants to run something more intimidating. There are also two sections connecting the upper and lower parts of the tail end of trail 12 which we did not explore. We stopped for lunch at a real neat overlook located right on the pipeline made for a great view. Picnic tables there made for a comfy break spot, that is still a group of ATV's pulled up and surrounded us!
From there we worked our way back to the main part of the park on trail 12 and did a couple of shorter blue trails on the bottom side of the main road. Then crossed over the main road and down to muddy shackle. The real hard part of MS is now pretty much undoable and there is now a bypass. Last time through there everyone had to winch through. After that we did a lot of puddle jumping, some deep some not so deep. Hit some very tight trails, tight at least for the 80 series. Ended up doing trail 9 then trail 7 then ended up on 6. Vince and I headed out to the staging area from there as it was well after three PM. The others wanted to wheel a bit more and we parted ways at that point.
Some notes...........AOAA has their s*** together. Newly signed waivers for the park are a must bit they made it was by having their app available on our phones. Signing off was easy. They had four windows open for registration and there was no wait there. No one allo0wed inside the building in these post-Covid days. There were very few full sized vehicles there we only saw one other jeep then another jeep and a Tacoma riding together. Lotsa ATV's and motorcycles. And did I say there was a a lot of water laying everywhere in the park. We drove by Excelsior Swamp and it looked downright nasty. Weather yesterday was perfect temps in the fifties and no rain. Cloud cover off and on.
All in all a great day no breakdowns just some adjustments to Greg's carburetor. As a sort of scouting day for green and blue trails to be led at coal mine it was a success. I'm thinking we might get one more day of this in at AOAA before coal mine arrives (yes it's less than five weeks away so get registered!!).

By the way I forgot to mention the cicadas. In the far end of the park their noise was very loud and there were a lot of them along the trails in that section! Must say they didn't seem to bother us humans at all.

Great weather and great company to wheel with. First time out with Greg and Gary when a winch wasn't required at some point, every day is a new adventure.

Fun fact ... before the first carb adjustment, Greg's 40 was running rich enough that it was shooting out prefect smoke rings a foot wide at idle. Tried to get a pic, but couldn't capture it on camera.
20210612_095516[1].jpg

This is the happiness that comes from building a super capable trail rig.
20210612_152526[1].jpg

@Pacer tackling the pit obstacle at the bottom of trail 12. This hole eats bumpers for certain.
20210612_102428[1].jpg

20210612_102439[1].jpg

20210612_102445[1].jpg

About the only downside of the RAM phone mount is that I can't grab my phone with one hand to take quick pics while driving. Hence ... here's the overlook spot again. Pretty sure here is a Bigfoot in there somewhere, just sayin'
20210612_100646[1].jpg

20210612_120115[1].jpg

20210612_120142[1].jpg

My view of the world for the bulk of the day.
20210612_124016[1].jpg

While airing up in the lot we saw a group of Yota's roll in off the trails. Two 80's and a 4Runner. Young guys from the Philly area. We posed for some pics and @Pacer got them some MUD invite cards as well as informing them all about CMCC next month. All their trucks looked well sorted out and trail capable.
20210612_155111[1].jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom