Cleaning frame ON vehicle. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I want to clean up my frame prior to using the Rust Bullet. I am thinking about renting a 3500 psi washer and then a portable sand blaster. I have never used a 3500 psi blaster so I do not the effectiveness. Will I need both?

Thanks.

I sandblast at 90 psi. Are you sure about 3500?

I think he means pressure washer, then sandblast.
3500 is fine, I own a 2500 and it works well. It will easily take off grime, mud, dirt and flaking paint. You do know that sandblasting is a very slow process? I would consider a wire wheel on a pnuematic die grinder for large flat areas, and the sand blaster for the crevaces.

It is a good idea to pressure wash first to get all the mud and grease off. Use a good degreaser to soak thing down and wash/ degrease several time. Sandblasting takes the "rust" off but doesn't work very good on soft goop on the frame, that why you need to wash first. It is easier to wash that blast andsaves time on the sandblast job. Pressure washin at 2000 to 4000 PSI will work fine.

Have fun (it worth it in the end, just a lot of hard work now)
nocents

see if you can find a semi truck car wash, they use steam and presure I think. we used to have one in Tacoma.

Have never tried it on a frame before but Easy Off Oven cleaner does an amazing job getting grease/grime off engines. If careful not to get it on the body paint it might work well.

Thanks fellows. I imagine we have a truck cleaning place here in town. I just want to get all of that crap off my frame. Hopefully, the higher pressure will take off the loose rust so then I can apply my Rust Bullet. The truck cleaning place is a great idea!

Just got off the phone with a fleet truck pressure washing company. They will come to my house and steam wash the frame and engine for 75.00. Sweet!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom