Ideas on cleaning these BVSV thingama jiggers?!? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Finally got everything to help restore and re-assemble my T-stat housing (thanks to completely seized bolts in my original housing...sending me on the hunt for this new used housing). Thanks Mark S.

I'd like to get all the grime off and clean up these BSVS's. Would it be kosher to let these sit in simple green? How about blowing air through vents?

Screen Shot 2023-09-19 at 12.41.51 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-09-19 at 12.42.47 AM.png

Finally got everything to help restore and re-assemble my T-stat housing (thanks to completely seized bolts in my original housing...sending me on the hunt for this new used housing). Thanks Mark S.

I'd like to get all the grime off and clean up these BSVS's. Would it be kosher to let these sit in simple green? How about blowing air through vents?

View attachment 3434109

View attachment 3434110

- what makes you think air will flow through when cold ?

- what is on your mind going on inside there , perhaps ?

i know who will know all these pressing matters :

@Spike Strip

download (53).jpg

I wouldn't force anything through them (like compressed air).
I'd try de-greasing with Jizer and a paint Brush, and maybe gurgle a bit of WD40 at them inside.

You have to heat the bvsv to 190* to open the port between the two pipes as they are temp controlled. So don't force it. So if you boil, then use vacuum pump, you can test and make sure they work. Otherwise nothing more to it, I'd just use degreaser to scrub clean or a ultrasonic.

You have to heat the bvsv to 190* to open the port between the two pipes as they are temp controlled. So don't force it. So if you boil, then use vacuum pump, you can test and make sure they work. Otherwise nothing more to it, I'd just use degreaser to scrub clean or a ultrasonic.
Thanks Matt! I don't have a vacuum pump -- but in theory, if I heat them to 190* by boiling water, I should be able to tell if they open up by simply blowing through one of the plastic vents.

I assumed you meant Fahrenheit but I needed the calculator to turn that into new money..
Now I start reading back I found this thread on actuation temperatures..
The last post lists the temp for each colour (also in non-SI units though).

I assumed you meant Fahrenheit but I needed the calculator to turn that into new money..
Now I start reading back I found this thread on actuation temperatures..
The last post lists the temp for each colour (also in non-SI units though).
That's helpful, thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom