Clean, low-mileage 80 series build - Utah (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

FULL T1ME

SILVER Star
Threads
Hey friends,

I thought I would share my 80 series build that started when I picked the car up in 2018 from the original owner here in Salt Lake City with only 92k miles. The seats had brand new leather, it had never been off-road, and everything was in great shape. Here is what it looked like when I bought it:
When I decided to start building it, I knew I wanted to keep things as simple and original as possible. This truck is mainly being used for weekend overlanding with a day or two of Moab sprinkled in. I started with tires, and went with 305/70/16 KM3s which fit perfectly with my stock suspension until I upgraded that. Next, I added an Eezi-Awn K9 roof rack and awning which I got from Equipt in SLC. I also added the maxtrax mounts so I could get those on the roof. If you’re looking for Eezi-Awn, National Luna, Alubox and more, go see Paul at Equipt.

One thing to note on the roof rack is that I decided to get the rack installed over the factory rack rather than removing the factory rack. Again, I wanted to keep things original where I could. Here is where the truck stood after those upgrades:

I then decided it was time for an OME suspension upgrade so I got OME heavies all around from Cruiser Outfitters and got that installed along with a mount in the rear cargo area for my spare tire. I have no immediate plans for a rear bumper, so I thought this was a good option. Thanks to my friends at Point S in Woods Cross for the help on that. This is where the truck stands today:

Now, the truck is in the shop getting a front ARB bumper and winch installed. I also decided to have the shop do a full refresh on the cruiser including fluids, seals, hoses, etc. I want to make sure everything is good to go. The cruiser currently has just over 103,000 miles and has been great since the day I bought it. I will update this thread as soon as it gets back from the shop this week.

Thanks for reading

Over the weekend, I wired up my ARB fridge/freezer. I used the ARB fridge wiring kit and threaded socket mount, which made things much easier. For now, I don't have it mounted to a slider, but I imagine I will get one eventually. I also upgraded the interior lights to LED lights, and I love them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom