Clean / Condition Leather Seats (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone have recommendations for cleaning / conditioning products to use on leather seats? This is my first vehicle with leather seats, and they feel a little dry to the touch. The first 100K miles for it were in SoCal. I've had leather motorcycle jackets for years and have kept those in great condition using cleaner / conditioner specifically from each manufacturer.

TIA

I have had good results with lexol. I am by no means an expert on this subject but this cleaner and conditioner has worked well on all my vehicles with leather. Now with seat covers I apply conditioner a couple times a year to keep things moisturized which is a total PIA with the escape gear covers

Amazon product ASIN B07LGVZLP9

Yes, I have used Lexol and Leather Therapy. But mostly I just rub in some Fluid Film with my hand to create a bit of friction warmth. Works fine.

You'll probably get plenty of responses to this thread, but if you want a lot more info, just run a search on mud for leather cleaner. it's been a common question for years and several long threads will pop up. I use and like Lexol cleaner and conditioner.

Woolite and water to clean and that is about it. Been doing that to wife's Infiniti since 2009. Doing same now for LC. I only clean them once every 6 months. I thought about adding a conditioner after the cleaning but have not done so to date. Also did this for our Pilot for 13 years and 183K miles never had any issue with leather cracking.

I use the lexol from amazon mentioned above. Works great.

OMG I can't imagine putting Fluid Film on my interior. I mean, I like the stuff as a rust preventative, but the smell... :eek:

Best treatment THAT I HAVE USED for cleaning old tired leather is Leatherique. It worked better than Lexol FOR ME.

Last edited:
i've been using Lexol for years and I've never wanted for anything else.

I have had good results with lexol. I am by no means an expert on this subject but this cleaner and conditioner has worked well on all my vehicles with leather. Now with seat covers I apply conditioner a couple times a year to keep things moisturized which is a total PIA with the escape gear covers.
2-3 years ago, Toyota changed from "Lexus" and "Toyota" leather cleaner and conditioner to Lexol. You're obviously better off financially to buy that anyplace other than a dealer.

I borrow :princess:'s saddle soap, the brand is Passier Ledenbalsam as a leather soap, and Lexol for the conditioner. Imo saddle makers know a hell of a lot more about leather treatments v. an auto detail company.

I was thinking about ordering the Lexol kit for cleaning my interior, but reading the reviews on Amazon has me concerned. Apparently many people think the smell is atrocious. Can anyone comment, confirm?

I was thinking about ordering the Lexol kit for cleaning my interior, but reading the reviews on Amazon has me concerned. Apparently many people think the smell is atrocious. Can anyone comment, confirm?
There is a distinct smell to it but I wouldn’t say it’s a bad smell. I recently applied the conditioner a few days ago and I can’t smell it anymore, there is a smell when you apply it but it’s not overwhelming. I do have seat covers, a puppy and a 2 year old so there are a lot of smells going on in the 200 lol.

Wow that is extremely exaggerated. Likely some competitor posted all that.

I hate cleaner smells it really bothers me, and when I get my vehicle detailed no fragrances are used. I get it detailed a couple times a year. Mostly clean it myself.

The Lexol leather cleaner/conditioner I have not noticed a bad smell from it.

Appreciate the replies. I just wanted the double check as some of these folks were pretty dramatic about it. Ordering now, thanks👍
You are welcome. The best tip I can give is to follow the instructions on the cleaner about using a damp/wet towel when applying and cleaning the leather. I keep a couple damp rags handy to rinse the leather and remove the cleaner off the seats. This avoids drying out the leather..... I learned the hard way but at least it was not on the 200.

You are welcome. The best tip I can give is to follow the instructions on the cleaner about using a damp/wet towel when applying and cleaning the leather. I keep a couple damp rags handy to rinse the leather and remove the cleaner off the seats. This avoids drying out the leather..... I learned the hard way but at least it was not on the 200.
Good tip, thanks!

Type of leather is going to dictate who to clean/condition. Terra interiors are supposed to use semi-aniline leather. Are black interiors also semi-aniline?

I actually like the smell of the Lexol products. That's an odd review IMHO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom