CLCC Tech Day thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'll be there around lunch time after my son's baseball game. I'd like to pop out the rear windows of the 80 and replace all the weather stripping. Also rerun my mic extension for my radio and if @emorth will be there do some de soldering work.

I’m out going to PA for a buddies wedding this weekend.

Have to do crank pulley when doing the oil pump.
I have since changed my mind, I was brain farting and thinking this was at OTRAMMS and he has the tool necessary.
I think it may take too much time and still need parts.
I was thinking OTRAMM has the parts available for purchase.

Pieces just not coming together.

Still need/want to do it.

It takes a few hours to do the crank pulley seal and oil pump cover seal I did it in my driveway a few years back. I even got a 3/4" breaker bar and the proper socket to knock the crank pulley bolt loose. There are no SST's required.
I highly recommend (if you haven't already) purchase replacement screws with the torx heads on them for the oil pump cover. You will likely strip/damage at least one Phillips screw.

Do you have all the gaskets that I Need also??

I've got a crank holding tool that makes it easier to loosen the crank bolt as well as hold it to torque it. I've got a few left in the latest batch. If someone wants to swing by and snag one, I'll donate it to the club tool collection.

:frown:

Yup, watching that made me think that I could tackle it with a little help. I even went to HF and bought a set of picks that I'll grind down to use to get the lip over as you did. At one point you said getting the WS back around the outside of the aluminum frame was a pain. Any tips for making it less a pain? Lots of soapy water?

I don't unfortunately. Normally I keep them in stock. I needed one this morning and realized I was out. Had to order more in.
Pretty sure I have the stuff. Lemme look through some boxes once I stop drinking. I know that I've ordered the crank seal and the oil pump cover. They might be a bit buried, though, and I'm three beers in.

Ever get a chance to look...... If not I will have to stop by work, and that will put me an hour behind.. But, ehhh, that is the way it is...

Pretty sure I have the stuff. Lemme look through some boxes once I stop drinking. I know that I've ordered the crank seal and the oil pump cover. They might be a bit buried, though, and I'm three beers in.
3 beers and you're having trouble? You may want to be careful if you come camping with the club....

6 beers down. Found all this... I missed the part in the by-laws about "tolerance:. @b4wheeler I think this is everything. Main seal,
pump gasket, new bolts, distro dust gastket, and distro o-ring.

Last edited:
6 beers down. Found all this... I missed the part in the by-laws about "tolerance:. @b4wheeler I think this is everything. Main seal,
pump gasket, new bolts, distro dust gastket, and distro o-ring.
View attachment 1979603
LOL!
I'm going to raise the BS flag on you reading the bylaws... But a good one nonetheless.
I was just passing on some friendly advice... There is nothing in the bylaws regarding sodemy either. :moon::princess:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom