CLCC Tech Day thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

... is swapping out gears and putting in two ARB RD153 too much for tech day? March 19th?

Possibly, but we can do a separate tech day on a single issue. I would love to do one on re-gearing and whatnot. We used to just go to people's homes and work on one truck. If you are not certain about being able to put it all back together in a day, it is best to do it in a location that you can leave it overnight or longer.

That is true, it could very well be stuck in location if something goes wrong. All my tools, which should cover it, are at my parents. There is space and I don't mind the cooking, but they get a bit uncomfortable seeing a bunch of people they don't know drinking, which seems to be part of the whole tech day experience. Otherwise, could prolly handle four cars on the space.

Otherwise mercy of Stump's yard. The new gearing, front seals and then tube bending are in order of importance for me. Maybe that is in common with some of the guys.

For the ARBs/gear swap out, should I be replacing some bearings too while the pumpkin is open?

IMHO, gears are a bit of a black art and is the only thing ever on my truck that I deferred to a professional on. Now, just installing an ARB without changing gears is pretty straight forward and can be done by an individual, given they are conscientious and have a dial indicator.

I have a new project for tech day!
The passenger side windshield wiper on my 100 series started malfunctioning last night.

Could I get a diagnosis at tech day? Should I purchase a replacement wiper motor in preparation for tech day?

Is March 19th still being considered?
John

If it's only the passenger side a wiper motor won't help. The motor drives a transmission that drives both arms. Either a linkage has popped off of the transmission or the arm is stripped where it meets the transmission. See if the nut on the passenger side is loose or if there is aluminum dust around the arm where it pivots.

Ive got a project to tackle at the next tech day.

image_4.jpeg

Can someone send the make and model of the bender. I'd like to know what the square tubing die would run. Thanks.

Figure out Steves vibration issue?!?!

He has anouther not quite as bad but enough to worry him a bit. I'm going to try and get by his house to check it out this week.

Thanks Ryan for hosting the Tech day. Thanks for all the help. I am going to start shopping for MC. If you go to next meeting, may ask you to bring the center link rebuild kit.

looks like a parts guy out in Phoenix/LA wants to send me a rolling chassis bare. Not sure if it will have anything besides the frame, and remainder of the body sans doors,etc. I'll get a pic, but is anyone interested in this if it is in good shape? What I need is to pull the front and rear lockers out, however don't have the space to let it sit. I'd like have it sent to whomever could/would use the remainder of the vehicle and let me pull the parts out I have bought. I can get him to pull the parts, however seemingly would prefer not to. So is anyone need/interested in a free frame/body assuming it is decent?

I'll be swapping out the front and rear of mine with the lockers and then sell those if anyone is interested?

nope. 60 series. now it is a rolling chassis. Telling you the guy is touched! if it is just that I can take care of that. If it is the sheet metal it will be stripped down/just the shell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom