Christmas Tree Run interest thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
It was suggested we do a Christmas Tree Run this fall/pre holidays. I wanted to gauge interest and gather location recommendations. This could be a fun early December club run.
So post up if you want to go and where we should go!!!

I have always gone up Hyalite. That has been where my parents always took me and so that is where my wife and I got now. Since she can't handle much off-road, not sure where else to go.

i would be interested in tagging along. cant make any suggestions and don't need a tree but i can make sure my dog gets in the way of everyone.

I'd be interested but we have a tradition of setting up the Tree the day after Thanksgiving so I might have to go early. Maybe I can scout it out for you guys.

I think you guys are over thinking this. Drive down any forest service road and take your pick . We will be going to bracket creek day after thanksgiving. Most of Bozeman goes up hyalite.

That is legal here? Man, I love Montana, we had to pull a permit in Colorado. Is that not the case here?

That is legal here? Man, I love Montana, we had to pull a permit in Colorado. Is that not the case here?

You can BUY a permit at hardware stores and such. I think they're cheap. Like $8? Could be wrong. I've not done it before.

Already have the festivus pole but will tag along

giphy.gif

Classic.

Permits have been $5. Also like to do Friday after Thanksgiving. Grab em at Ace hardware.

Looks like I am heading out mid week next week before Turkey Day. Maybe Tuesday?

Gonna' take the boys and my nephews and BIL to go grab something.
3uH5zfq.jpg

Okay, after the meeting today it seems like we have some details...

What: Black Friday Christmas Tree Sale brought to you by the National Forrest. $5/tree (get a permit at ACE Hardware)

When: Black Friday 11/23 10:00 am meet up. Rolling before 10:30

Where: Meet at Overland Cruisers then we'll go somewhere with trees... not Hyalite! :deadhorse:

Why: I really don't know why we bring dead trees into the house and decorate them to remind us about Christmas... But it is TRADITION! :bounce:

Who: I am bringing my 5 and 9 year olds and giving them axes to play with. What could go wrong!?

Who else is in so we can get a good idea of who's coming.

Also, I am sure it isn't necessary to remind folks but snow wheelin' is a whole 'nother animal. Bring warm clothes, proper footwear, a real shovel, a good tow strap, max trax/chains if you got them, warm liquids and a good patient attitude. Life has taught me you don't go far fast in snow. I'll bring some sleds for the boys/kids, Darren wants to bring a trailer behind his Yaris so yeah, your rig can make it on this run too!

Okay, after the meeting today it seems like we have some details...

What: Black Friday Christmas Tree Sale brought to you by the National Forrest. $5/tree (get a permit at ACE Hardware)

When: Black Friday 11/23 10:00 am meet up. Rolling before 10:30

Where: Meet at Overland Cruisers then we'll go somewhere with trees... not Hyalite! :deadhorse:

Why: I really don't know why we bring dead trees into the house and decorate them to remind us about Christmas... But it is TRADITION! :bounce:

Who: I am bringing my 5 and 9 year olds and giving them axes to play with. What could go wrong!?

Who else is in so we can get a good idea of who's coming.

Also, I am sure it isn't necessary to remind folks but snow wheelin' is a whole 'nother animal. Bring warm clothes, proper footwear, a real shovel, a good tow strap, max trax/chains if you got them, warm liquids and a good patient attitude. Life has taught me you don't go far fast in snow. I'll bring some sleds for the boys/kids, Darren wants to bring a trailer behind his Yaris so yeah, your rig can make it on this run too!
Polly and I are in!

Hey Clair and I + her family are in for Friday tree hunting. Permit in one hand and saw in the other

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom