Christmas tree on top of the truck thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

3 days ago...............

010.jpg

What's funny about this thread is that every year I remember it but always seem to get my tree at night.....

It’s not on top, and it’s not a Christmas tree, but it was a tree and it is strapped to the silver one. In the Christmas spirit decided to break an axle and turn the silver one into a sleigh for the holidays.

View attachment 1845092
Wha?!!!! Does it work?

My son and I dusted off the 60 to perform its annual Christmas tree duties... we went on an adventure deep into the garden department of Lowe’s for the a solid tree to throw on top to further accentuate the cruiser lean.. now it’s tradition to save some needles in the rain gutter for good luck and solid rust acceleration... jk
Pretty sure that twine is not street rated.

CA15BC77-AEB3-4A18-AC5E-9EC90CBF69ED.jpeg
B3451695-4582-48EE-B295-53D017698B9D.jpeg

I love the pictures of the trees on the cruisers. However, seeing the rigs with trees in netting or in front of some package store just seems to lose the spirit of this thread for me. Might as well be on the top of a Camry.

That being said, I'm lazy and so when we will go cut our tree, I just throw it in the back of the pickup. So no tree on the cruiser for me, unless I go dig up the ones with it tied to the top of my 40 (20 years ago).

5D489EE9-A1A7-4668-94C1-7E2E872EE30C.jpeg
Been bringing our tree home on top of a Land Cruiser since 1999. Always in netting...

It’s not on top, and it’s not a Christmas tree, but it was a tree and it is strapped to the silver one. In the Christmas spirit decided to break an axle and turn the silver one into a sleigh for the holidays.

View attachment 1845092
Freakin genius!

View attachment 1845092

Mine counts too then...even if it did happen in April!

167DB2C4-965F-45FC-A8E9-CC39612866C6.jpeg

5C5FC0EA-4FBE-4D0A-87BF-0968247D97DE.jpeg

Pfft. Well look at all you opulent mudders over here with your fancy roof racks. It must be nice to be able to sit next to your sweetheart and not have the top of a sharp-needled fir tree on the center console that stabs your hand every time you reach over to shift gears on your 80 mile journey back home.

P71CAHq.jpg

What is happening here? Edited, was happening?

Same as @rhah, broken axle. The axles are held in by a c-clip on the inner end of the axle, so when they break the wheel/drum/axle wants to leave the housing. To get off the trail you can do what I did (force it to stay in) or what rhah did and just go ahead and take it out and use a skid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom