Chicago - 80s *1995* - exhuast system - rusted (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello Everyone,

I am new, i have a 95 80 series, it has rust holes and starting to get super loud as i accelerate. I want to buy a exhuast, any suggestions? I dont want to buy from the regular muffler shops as that would rust away anyways.

Any suggestions? i am on a budget and i would love for it to have a nice little rumble.

is this the correct threat to post THIS on?

Borla makes a stainless exhaust system that adds some volume to the exhaust tone. Not terribly expensive.

OTRAMM makes a full stainless system that is super nice, but not super budget friendly.

OEM Toyota exhaust is still available, but neither "rumbly" nor budget frlendly.

Or go to your local exhaust shop or hot rod shop and ask them to make you a stainless system.

I have recently started the research on this topic also. So far i have not identified a vendor who actually makes a full system. Some do the front pipe and first cat, others do the the muffler but not the cats. Ryan does the lot but sounds like he is mixing and matching parts and filling in the gaps.
Now that my '94 has a new home i will focus on this so i can drive the 96.

I have recently started the research on this topic also. So far i have not identified a vendor who actually makes a full system. Some do the front pipe and first cat, others do the the muffler but not the cats. Ryan does the lot but sounds like he is mixing and matching parts and filling in the gaps.
Now that my '94 has a new home i will focus on this so i can drive the 96.
my main reason is the exhuast i can hear it LEAKING.. when i accelerate its like a RUST hole... so first i gotta figure out where the hole is but last time.. i had it UP at a shop they said you have to buy full system... I think anything PAST the headers... through the 2 CAT and all the way back to muffler.. i dont know what to do...

Borla makes a stainless exhaust system that adds some volume to the exhaust tone. Not terribly expensive.

OTRAMM makes a full stainless system that is super nice, but not super budget friendly.

OEM Toyota exhaust is still available, but neither "rumbly" nor budget frlendly.

Or go to your local exhaust shop or hot rod shop and ask them to make you a stainless system.
do you have the link to the BORLA?

im sure parts.. plus labor will be alot.. i dont want to spend more then 500$ max... might just leave it for now.. but i know it will RUST out this winter.. in chicago..

my main reason is the exhuast i can hear it LEAKING.. when i accelerate its like a RUST hole... so first i gotta figure out where the hole is but last time.. i had it UP at a shop they said you have to buy full system... I think anything PAST the headers... through the 2 CAT and all the way back to muffler.. i dont know what to do...
If you have a compressor or a shop vac then finding the hole is easy..put the shop vac or an air wand on the compressor line in the tail pipe at a low pressure then just hunt down the leak with soapy water. No different than finding a hole in bicycle tube.
Mine was at the Y-pipe but then i found the next one in the cat and a further one before the muffler. I will replace the whole system but likewise i dont want to splurge $1500 on a stainless system for a vehicle i don't intend to keep.

Here's an option:

Magnaflow stainless Y-pipe. Walker or Bosal from cat back. BUT prior to installing, paint with KBS coatings High Temp Silicone Zinc primer. That way, you get rust resistance. Should last a few years.

You will need all new exhaust mounts probably. All told, this set-up might get you in around $600.

I’ll be that guy I suppose. A dozen similar threads a year and while times change the options remain very similar.
806459CF-E3A8-4729-82FA-998A96A5D935.jpeg

$500 budget is likely not gonna cut it.

I got a cat back setup for $500. It sucked. Was loud. Had sh1tty welds. You get what you pay for. It was fair as it was 3” and over the frame so custom ish. But was no deal.

Heckraiser is on point. ID the leak point. Go to mom n pop shop (not major franchise conglomerate) and tell em what you want.

Or as mentioned. Go magnaflow y. Borla cat back. New mounts. Plan on a grand and borla not fitting perfect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom