Wanting to see some 80s with different rear bumper systems. - Black Friday deals (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This may not be the right area to post this thread. But… Black Friday is right around the corner and I have some 80 series money burning a hole in my pocket. I currently don’t have a spare tire that work for my 80. Been needing to get a full size spare, but I know it won’t fit underneath. So I’m resulting to getting a rear swing out bumper. Have no idea what to go with but I know they are extremely expensive. Wanting to see some 80s with 4 x 4 labs, slee, dobinsons, etc Is anyone giving out Black Friday deals yet? Not trying to spend 4K but I know that’s what they are going for optioned out. Thanks fellas.

My Slee rear bumper’s,
IMG_2740.jpeg

847277EC-28A6-43BE-8442-1B8C3BB4CDC5.jpeg

Also have a Slee. Fitment is excellent and tight against the body. I wish the underside behind the rear tires extended all the way to the frame rail, but there is room to add some flat plate if I wanted to seal it up.

The departure angle is worse than some others and roughly equal to stock since it doesn't require cutting the frame. You can kind of see it in the second photo next to @bonestock 's Avid bumper.

I'd say first decide whether you want to cut the frame or not. That'll help narrow it down.

PXL_20230520_215413933.jpg

PXL_20230616_195102015.jpg

Only ever bought one thing directly from Poland. They were crash bars for a Ducati Multistrada.

They were exceptionally designed, fabricated, & powder coated. I was really impressed.

But you can also get nice things from China sometimes so YMMV.

4x4Labs DIY dual swingout with spare tire and dual jerry can holder.
Photo from Nov 10th, 2023.
1700241472906.png

Built 6 1/2 years ago in my garage. No regrets.
1700241526932.png

1700241691232.png

Exit Off-road has a dobinsons sale going on right now

4X4 Labs for me, dual swing that’s simple, high and tight. No regrets here!

IMG_1140.jpeg

Do you have to cut the frame for a 4x4 labs bumper?

Yes you do. The only bumpers that don’t require cutting to my knowledge are Slee, Dobinsons, coastal off-road and Jason at trail tailor was doing one at one time.

do you have any better pictures? i checked out their website but can’t see close ups that are clear. i’m living in Germany right now, and those are WAY cheaper than US prices.

@foxtrot678 unfortunately did not find any close ups, but uploaded some pictures here: Album — Postimages - https://postimg.cc/gallery/LfPBYwh
I have their front and rear bumper, tire carrier, side steps and aluminium steering protection plate/front guard.

i’m living in Germany right now, and those are WAY cheaper than US prices.

Yes, they are...and as you probably noticed, in EU selection is quite limited anyways.
Basically it is either DIY, ARB or Fabryka not much else is available for Toyotas, owning a Patrol or Land Rover is much easier in EU. :)

Last edited:
I snagged an avid Offroad bumper a couple years ago. Super high clearance and built very well. Doubt they have any deals, but they were cheaper than others and I wanted something different.

They are built in Arizona.

IMG_1117.jpeg

IMG_1116.jpeg

Mike at Bump it Offroad, makes a bolt on and high clearance cut the rear. He makes great stuff

I can't get a picture to load but I went with a Dobinsons rear bumper. For the price I'm very happy and it gives me the old-school look I was looking for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom