Chevy Ls harness with 80 series harness (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Who has done an Ls conversion ? I found a guy in texas called Ls Harness Connections that said he could do the ls harness for me but cannot fuse the two together? Just wondering if someone knows another place that will go it? Or if they did it on their own? I want all my factory gauges to work as they should. I've seen videos before just cant find the people who posted them. Please help thanks

Who has done an Ls conversion ? I found a guy in texas called Ls Harness Connections that said he could do the ls harness for me but cannot fuse the two together? Just wondering if someone knows another place that will go it? Or if they did it on their own? I want all my factory gauges to work as they should. I've seen videos before just cant find the people who posted them. Please help thanks
Click here and start reading. Lots of info.

There is no need to fuse them together. The LS harness is self contained and contributes nothing to the Toyota harness and the Toyota harness needs nothing from the LS harness to handle the non-engine related functions.

There is a pinout early in the thread @White Stripe linked, that contains the connections to the dash gauges.

The most complex aspects are cruise control, and tach

208 Motorsports does a bunch of stuff like that, they are in Caldwell or Nampa Idaho I believe.

There is no need to fuse them together. The LS harness is self contained and contributes nothing to the Toyota harness and the Toyota harness needs nothing from the LS harness to handle the non-engine related functions.

There is a pinout early in the thread @White Stripe linked, that contains the connections to the dash gauges.

The most complex aspects are cruise control, and tach

Lol you make it sound so easy. What about the fuel pump, ignition switch, reverse lights, and other tid bits that people tend to have problems with that make the truck functional that need to be figured out when swapping? These are honest questions btw. Only thing holding me back from swapping is the wiring aspect. I DD my truck so having it down for 2 months while I sort thru wiring isn’t really an option for me. I realize I could have the engine/drivetrain in the truck and running within 2-5 days if nothing crazy happened, but having it in and everything meshing together correctly is a different story. And yes I’ve read the write ups, there’s so much info and different variations of the “LS” motor it’s hard to narrow the info I need down

It doesn't change the fact that all the info needed is there to be seen and learned. By asking others to specify this stuff, you are essentially saying you dont want to piece all the info together but rather have someone organize it all for you. If you are not good with wiring either hire someone or don't even start this. If you are then just research each hurdle one by one and take notes.

If you're trying to ls swap a DD you are about to have a bad day.

Why ? I did my swap and immediately started daily driving my conversion. It's been down a few times since but for no reasons related to the engine swap.

Anyone asking questions about a plug and play harness doesn't need to try and do it in a weekend.

That I agree with.
Wiring an engine swap like this so it runs and drives and functions correctly is super easy. I don't understand why hooking up different engines and transmissions and radiator hoses is no big deal but six wires is suddenly a no-go deal breaker for everyone.

Anyone asking questions about a plug and play harness doesn't need to try and do it in a weekend.

I don’t mind tackling some wiring, and I understand how to read a schematic as well. It’s very possible its much easier than what I’m thinking when I look into it.

Everybody cool it
New people asking questions is the life blood of the forum.

While cautions & reasonable expectations are helpful, opinions as to whether somebody is up to the task is really not helpful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom