Check this out: German VX hdj 80? RHD? w/ Camper Top (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Have a look ;) nice Expeditionvehicles

showthumb.php

Body extension with sleeping roof

living the dream!

It's definitely a diesel, in addition to all the black soot on the pass. rear tire, they told me as much and it sounded like it when they took off.

Cool to have people on Mud that know exactly who did the camper though...In Germany

Trapper,

That's pretty darn cool that you ran into them AND that you were kind enough to help them out, in exchange for some juicy pictures, that is! :hillbilly:

I've seen the base "GX" model which usually comes with the barn doors having 1HD-T in it before, but the powerplant was usually reserved for the VX and the VX Limited models.

As mentioned above, living the dream! :cool:

Best of luck to them with the rest of their journey and hopefully they'll run into a few more cruiserheads along the way! :cheers:

we ought to organize a Road Assistance Department for Roving Intercontinental Germans ("RadRig" :) ) Committee to offer them welcome and assistance as they cross the US.

Somebody get their number or give them MUD address or send them an email!

we ought to organize a Road Assistance Department for Roving Intercontinental Germans ("RadRig" :)!

Roving Intercontinental Germans

That's frickin HILARIOUS:lol:

Now that you mention it, one of the things I noticed and thought was interesting was that even though he was running windows 7, it was all in German (obviously) so I wonder how well the translators work on ih8mud.....

That's pretty wild to see something like that in US. Good catch mate.

Very cool!

I looked into importing one of the german camper pop up roof kits for our rig.. but the dang the new versions are about $25,000 for just the body kit and then you have to get them here. :(

Very cool!

I looked into importing one of the german camper pop up roof kits for our rig.. but the dang the new versions are about $25,000 for just the body kit and then you have to get them here. :(
:D jep, if you like, you don't look at the price

Only the sleeping roof, as shown on the german model or like mine, the costs are about 7000 €uro.

You cannot compare with a roof tent. In such cars you have much more comfort.

There is a place that converts toaster into pop-up campers. I am going to email them and see if they can do the same to an LC!

Good stuff!!!!

Great thread thanks.
I cant believe they were in Yemen I'd like to hear that story.

If they drive by Irving, I'll put them up in the shop and get their 80 all patched up - and take lots pictures while its on the lift.

Oh, and I'll have to load them up with Shiner instead of that Bud water...

aren't most of these Euro Travellers running fancy web sites? Maybe these guys have one?

That rig is sooooo bad ass! Thanks for sharing!

Smitty

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom