Check out this insanity (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Very nice for sure. A few odd things; someone put those accordion split plastic wire loom covers over a few of the hoses and part of the accelerator cable. The port/dealer installed roof rack is painted in a ?silver/gold-ish metallic paint, all I've seen were painted satin black. The rear hatch door lock is gold plated, the US models (with the Gold package) that I've seen where chromed. The front of the valve cover appears to have had something on it that wasn't cleaned off completely; did it have a 1FZFE label on it that came off and the adhesive was left behind??

Then there's non-OEM Fuel Injection emblem along with a multi-country flag emblem on the tailgate (from a GM vehicle??) and a Limited emblem that doesn't belong on the right front fender.

Either way, no doubt, a near perfect example.

Someone should download all the photos from BAT and place them in the FAQs for future reference ie: so others can check how this model looked when it left the factory with all the original installer/inspector paint marks, correct yellow chromate nuts and bolts, etc, etc. In fifty years they'll be less people around who will remember.

Last edited:
Yes it’s high. But what would it cost to get a run of the mill 80 into that condition? Half of the parts are no longer available.
Why would anyone want to relive the original condition experience? I like the matured look

Very nice for sure. A few odd things; someone put those accordion split plastic wire loom covers over a few of the hoses and part of the accelerator cable. The port/dealer installed roof rack is painted in a ?silver/gold-ish metallic paint, all I've seen were painted satin black. The rear hatch door lock is gold plated, the US models (with the Gold package) that I've seen where chromed. The front of the valve cover appears to have had something on it that wasn't cleaned off completely; did it have a 1FZFE label on it that came off and the adhesive was left behind??

Then there's non-OEM Fuel Injection emblem along with a multi-country flag emblem on the tailgate (from a GM vehicle??) and a Limited emblem that doesn't belong on the right front fender.

Someone should download all the photos from BAT and place them in the FAQs for future reference ie: so others can check how this model looked when it left the factory with all the original installer/inspector paint marks, correct yellow chromate nuts and bolts, etc, etc. In fifty years they'll be less people around who will remember.

My 95 gold package has a chrome rear lock.

Why the hell is it slathered with 80s Buick badges?

67CE0886-A27D-445C-8C41-F442E95501D2.jpeg

92A39D31-3672-4ECA-ABDC-C9DF453FF63D.jpeg

I cant speak for the other badges but my rear door lock is also gold

I would motor swap it!

Mine doesn’t. It’s an 01/1995. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Cheers
When I worked as a shop Forman and installation at a high end car audio shop back in the early 90 into 2000 we did electronic plating and wood grain kits for the toyota dealerships. Some things were aftermarket add ons like the gold emblems and such. Was very common mostly from toyota dealerships

That's a really clean 80. Wonder if whistlin diesel will be the high bidder? He's been into toyota lately.
Lol pfft that guy.
He doesn't move for anything under 20k#

edit:my mistake, was thinking of HeavyDSparks

Last edited:

Good to know, the few I've seen (and two that I own) with the Gold package the rear hatch lock was regular chrome plated. Maybe something one dealer or one region did??

Good to know, the few I've seen (and two that I own) with the Gold package the rear hatch lock was regular chrome plated. Maybe something one dealer or one region did??
My 8/95 with chrome package and gold package has a chrome rear lock.

Come to think of it, the only gold on mine were the front and rear emblems.

Sold for $110,000. Update;: or was it $165,000??
Crazy.

Last edited:
Roger that.

Trivia: while looking at the engine bay photos again I noticed a couple of white stains on the firewall insulation near where the AC pipes go through the firewall. Not a big deal but it's something you might see when the insulation gets wet. It's higher/above the HVAC drain tube so IDK.

Sold for $110,000 or $165,000. Really doesn’t matter which as both are way beyond my budget.

I will buy 7 of them with more miles and have a different one to drive every day of the week. And if I buy them from the folks here on mud they will have seals, rubber tubing, and bushings that are intact and not toast likely they are on this truck.

I bought a unicorn mini truck years ago and learned that miles aren’t everything. Still a fascinating truck but not what I would buy.

John

my rear door lock is gold plated as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom