Check out this stocker '40...

I have an old family friend that I visit now and then (helluva good guy), and the other day I took some pics of his 1968 FJ40 that he bought brand spankin' new back in the day...

Thought you guys might like to see some pics. This baby fires right up on a never-been-rebuilt motor and purrs like a kitten...

68FJ4001.JPG
68FJ4002.JPG
68FJ4003.JPG

Here are a couple more...

I helped him change his oil, and after we were done, he gave me an FJ55 Body and Chassis service manual. He'd had it in a closet for over 30 years, it's in brand new shape, and it's exactly the book I need for my pig, (since I don't have a stock motor in mine).

I've got the old 'F Engine' service manual that I'm gonna give to him.

Anyways, enjoy!
68FJ4004.JPG
68FJ4005.JPG

Thats awesome I always liked that factory soft top, Only see one in person that has it though. Be sure and share the info in that manual over in the pig section.

Great pics!

That is one straight clean looking stocker. Amazing what a little care and upkeep can do.

erics

I assume "fires right up and purrs like a kitten" is referring to the truck and not the owner...

on a serious note - those are great pics

Those are great. I have been looking to do a drawing of a cruiser and just haven't found the right one. It would be great to do one with and one without the pig. Would you mind if I used it. not for sale or anything, just for me?

Wow, that truck is nice.
I didn't realize they had changed to the newer style dash without windsheild latches and with the padding by '68. Was expecting it to look alot more like my '66.

Landpimp

GOLD Star

damn thats so cool, almost had it for 40 years........unbelievible! :)

oh and that is not a OEM PTO, looks like a ransey to me

Texican

s-Moderator

Landpimp said:
damn thats so cool, almost had it for 40 years........unbelievible! :)

oh and that is not a OEM PTO, looks like a ransey to me
Wasn't the Ramsey a dealer isntalled option back then?
Back when I was into the early Mustangs, some of the dealer installed options were more sought after than the factory counterparts.....just a thought. Cool Rig........ :cool: :cool:

If you want to build one similar to that...

<shameless plug>
Check out the Vehicles For Sale section if you want to build a similar rig - I've got a '71 factory soft top rig and a PTO winch setup for sale... :)
<\shameless plug>

Seriously, that is one cool rig. Not often you see an original rig that old in that good of condition that looks like it still gets regular usage!

Landpimp

GOLD Star

yeah dealer installed, but not OEM ;)

just found 13mm bolts on my 100 holding the OEM running boards on, seems the running boards were all port installed.......and used 13mm bolts(heads)

Texican said:
Wasn't the Ramsey a dealer isntalled option back then?
Back when I was into the early Mustangs, some of the dealer installed options were more sought after than the factory counterparts.....just a thought. Cool Rig........ :cool: :cool:

yooper

SILVER Star

That is way cool. Looks like a cool old guy - he kinda reminds me of my late maternal grandfather. Definiitely keep in touch with him and help him out when he needs it - you will be repaid in spades with good karma.

Top Bottom