Cheap Gas, too bad State & National Parks are Closed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Gas is getting cheaper, too bad we can’t go to far from home. Slaughter & Manchaca Exxon

FF7E6028-2DA7-4CE6-B09B-D12BC2EEE23F.png

Indeed. We've gone on a couple drives out to the dirt road/water crossing routes. We just packed picnics and kept to ourselves. Good time for the kids too.

Indeed. We've gone on a couple drives out to the dirt road/water crossing routes. We just packed picnics and kept to ourselves. Good time for the kids too.

@KennyBob, are these the roads that @geanes organized a run a couple of months back? Thinking of going today but wondering if the rains last night will have an impact on water crossings?

@KennyBob, are these the roads that @geanes organized a run a couple of months back? Thinking of going today but wondering if the rains last night will have an impact on water crossings?

I believe they are, yes. It started as TacomaWorld.com thing I think. I've got the Google maps data if you want it.

I believe they are, yes. It started as TacomaWorld.com thing I think. I've got the Google maps data if you want it.

If you could send it to me, that would be great! you can reply here, pm or lmdomino33@gmail.com

Thank you

I hear PINS is open for day time use. No camping overnight. Just not opened this weekend.

this might be an option for next weekend, looks like it is closed this weekend,,, from their website

PARK CLOSURES
  • Park Temporarily Closed
    The park will be closed from 8 pm on Thursday April 9, 2020 through 6 am on Monday April 13, 2020 in coordination with Nueces County and the City of Corpus Christi.
    more

When I drove the gravel around Llano/Mason last Sunday, it was wet. But it wasn't terrible. The rain will definitely leave water in all the crossings, but they'll still be passable with ease. There might be some sections of rutted mud, but shouldn't be any issue at all.

I wish diesel was lower.

I wonder why diesel is still higher than gasoline? Cheaper to refine but I guess the demand is there for price to be high

I wonder why diesel is still higher than gasoline? Cheaper to refine but I guess the demand is there for price to be high
Everywhere else in the world I've been. Diesel has been dirt cheap.

Everywhere else in the world I've been. Diesel has been dirt cheap.

Not sure if true or not but a few years back an old retired worker from Phillips 66 in Houston said the diesel prices went up during the first Gulf war cause the US needed the diesel since most of the military equipment is diesel powered, prices never really came back down.

****. Can we set up a social distancing group trail event? We'll keep a distance from everyone else. Going stir crazy.

I'm in! Next Saturday or Sunday should be good for us Mike, or if during the week, I can take the day off

I'm in! Next Saturday or Sunday should be good for us Mike, or if during the week, I can take the day off
Let me see my schedule for next week. I'm closing on a house in SA and i may have drill. So it may be the week after.

Let me see my schedule for next week. I'm closing on a house in SA and i may have drill. So it may be the week after.

Congratulations on your new house! Moving to SA?

Congratulations on your new house! Moving to SA?
Thanks. Not really moving, i work down there most of the time and i hate paying rent. So more of a weekday house. A frat house possibly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom