CHBC report - Driving a right hand drive vehicles. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yeah, the 360° field-of-vision in my Pajero is much more dangerous than my wife's old 1st-gen Neon, the one with a total blind-spot on a same-side shoulder check.
Obviously none of these people has looked out the shooting slit of a back window on a Dodge Magnum either.
Ignorance is disgusting.

<shrug>
pulling out from a curb, use your mirror to see behind you and stay in your own lane when pulling out...how hard is that?
left hand turn? you are sitting roughly 28" further to the right than a normal LHD vehicle so use caution...if you do not have common sense then you are dangerous in either hand units...

as for blind spots, ever sit in a FJLooser??

placing a convex mirror for blind spots on the side view mirrors virtually eliminates my blind spots - exactly the same for LHD... just such a weak argument against RHD. I haven't used the hood/fender mounted mirrors but I bet they help too.

I put a convex mirror on my 45 after I squished a car that was beside me. It was right beside me, but below the glass line, dark rainy nighty as well.
But the RHD aspect is moot, as this could have happened just as easily if it was LHD as well.
Sometimes I wish 'cruisers werent built so well. That little bit of rubbing did something like $1500 damage to the car (a ford taurus wagon), and not even a scratch on my 45. I could have gotten some new doors or something out of it otherwise.

I'm always using my mirrors.
Even have a big convex one that allows me to see out the LH side rear
windows when I look in the rear view mirror. Works great.

There are all ways those that need a real reality check. Most sit behind desks
trying to make it tough for the rest of us.

Not that this experience would influence policy or anyting but - I was heading down the highway the other day in traffic moving along at a brisk pace with some moron practically drafting off my bumper. From my vantage point on the RH side of the truck I was able to see vehicles hundres of meters ahead braking suddenly due to congestion. I only saw this because all of the LH drivers swerve out to the left to look ahead of other cars and try to see what's slowing things down. This gave me a clear view on my side without moving over at all and let me slow down more gradually which prevented the jerk behind me from aquiring a very heavy hood ornament.

I am really trying to objectively note any dangerous situations where the RHD is a detriment to my safety or others but after nearly 100,000km with two RHD vehicles - I'm still coming up with nothing.

• Passing safely - not an issue if you practice common sense and know the limits of your vehicle and the roads.
  • RHD - No difference to LHD other than where ya' park your butt.
  • Parking - Ditto.
  • Blind Spots - Use your mirrors and shoulder checks just like everybody else.
I was a few cars behind a skyline last week and the driver quickly pulled out to pass a string of vehicles - I can't imagine how he could have seen around the traffic in front of him and to me it was a stupid move - the big N on the back may have had something to do with it.

It's not the cars - it's the drivers. Penalise the bad drivers of RHD's the same as LHD's.

Ditto the above. Every time I see a Skyline, it's being driven by a young male, usually at warp 1 or more. At least half of them have an N sign on the back. No wonder the stats are getting messed up. Many years back the same thing happened with 5 litre mustangs. Big surprise. Young male + high HP cheap car = lots of dead or mangled young males.

Now before anyone gets all worked up, I'm not saying ALL young males drive that way. Just many. And even some females.

LOL!!
i used to resemble that statement...hell, give me horsepower and my reservations take a back seat even now...just not as bad...long live the 3B...

I don't understand why you don't do the conversions that are being done to our JDM's here. It is very well within the technical capabilities of many on this board and the wealth of parts and accessories available there is to be envied deeply.

Granted that a wrong side vehicle can be driven safely, it's still inconvenient in many aspects. Why not do the conversion and be done with it ?

Kalawang

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom