Chassis paint recommendation (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking for recommendations on black paint for frame, suspension, steering, bumpers and brush guard, etc. This is for a '76 FJ40 that will be used primarily off-road, mainly dirt and mud, not a show rig but want it to look decent. Looking for a paint (brush applied) that will be durable and stand up to mud and abrasion. pressure washing and what-not. I've had pretty good past experience with POR-15 Chassis Coat Black (now maybe called just Top Coat) but open to something new, like Bill Hirsch Super Black Chassis Paint. Any comments or experience with this paint?

Thanks Guys!
Pete

Yrs ago I used to use different types of blk paint for different applications on my 40, and got tried of remembering what I used in the past and stocking a crap load of different types of paint. Now, everything that gets painted black gets rustolem gloss blk. It goes on thick, sticks great and is easy to touch up. I usually apply two coats with a brush initially. Be sure to follow their directions for the 2nd coat. Then I spray the areas I cant get to with a brush. Just pick flat, semi, or gloss and stick with it. I found gloss was always available, in every store.

I like Rustoleum too and it's available everywhere but I haven't used it on things like suspension. Does it hold up well to abrasion?

thanks, Pete

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom