Changed Ignition Coils, Now No Start (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ntk

Threads
I changed the ignition coils on my 1999 Land Cruiser with 250k this morning. I forgot to disconnect the battery while I removed the first ignition coil. I caught the mistake and had it disconnected when I changed the remaining 7 coils. After putting everything back together, the Land Cruiser isn’t starting. Ignition coils were brand new Toyota parts ordered from part souq. What would cause this?

Double check and make sure all of the plugs on the wiring harness are plugged into the right coils and that they are plugged in good. I don't know if it's even possible to mix them up but I don't think so. The harness is too short to allow for that. Have a really good look around the engine and make sure you didn't accidentally bump anything or unplug anything.

All the plugs are properly seated, and nothing else got disconnected, all the hoses on the air box are back together. I checked the fuses, and nothing looks blown. Haven’t checked the relays yet…

I would check the fuse box for any busted fuse/s.

Got it running! Ended up being an issue with the immobilizer. I noticed the flashing key on the dash kept flashing even when I turned the key. I locked and unlocked the doors a few times and rolled down the window, noticed the flashing key speed up, and turned the key again. It started right up…

Nice, sometimes is the most obvious things you don't think about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom