Cerakote Match for Factory Gray Wheels - Question on OEM Interior Rear Door Latch Color (and update on Pewter!!!!) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I ordered some samples, all to dark. However, my wheels were done in Rust-Oleum Smoke Gray.

I bought new\ a Rear interior door latch. It is a nice color of gray. And Toyota OEM. Is that the same OEM gray as the wheels? I want to check before I order more gray swatches. They are "free" but you pay extra shipping :)

I'm trying to match Dune Beige, but no luck.

I did get my tester in of Turbine Coat - the color that matches OEM Pewter exactly! I'm going to do my license plate dome covers in the next few weeks and will post pics versus some new OEMs I bought. The problem is it's only available in V-Series. (Satin Mag in both C and H series is close, but not the same). The ideal cure temp is 500 F for 1 hour, but Cerakote said I could reduce to 300 for 2 hours. This is great for small pieces, but for DIY guys like me and my buddies, we can't get smokers or homemade boxes to 300 F easily. So my valve train cover and intake won't in my wife's oven.

I may or may not know a place 😃

FB517DF5-CEDC-4682-9E60-2C5BA10804D3.jpeg

Take them all the FJ colors and see what they can match with standard colors. Maybe start with the gray wheels.

They will do custom colors, but it's $$$$$$$ and they don't guarantee a match (I got a quote).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom