Pewter 99%+ Match w/Cerakote V-171 Turbine Coat (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I ordered 17 different Cerakote paint samples to compare against factory pewter finishes on my 1978 FJ40.

V-171 Turbine Coat appears to be an almost exact match. I wouldn't say 100% until I get a sample and spray, but from the swatch it looks 99%.

Please stand by!

In planning on doing all the silver interior stuff with Cerakoat. An acquaintance who shoots in the rifle league I shoot in, does powdercoating and Cerakoting. I love the sheen, so I'm curious what you find.

I just read the data sheet - V series requires a 500 F oven cure temperature, much higher than their C and E series cure temps. That make impractical for some items. On the H and E series, you can lower the temp and extend the cure time for plastic items. But it doesn't say that on the V Series application guide. I will ask them if there is a range. My concern would be metals with lower annealing points. For example - aluminum is 570-770 F depending on the alloy mix. 500 is too close for me to 570.

I'm going to go through all the swatches I got and compare to all of their metallic offerings to make sure I didn't miss one. I am also going to ask Cerakote if it's available in the C, E, or H series.

BTW - love Cerakote on my firearms. Use on my AR platforms, pistols, and barreled actions of some of my bolt actions. I'm going to refinish my rear door handle with Graphite black as a starting point and then hit the heater blower motor and internal heater. My friend does high end custom BBQ pits, he's getting ready to finish one in Cerakote.

Last edited:
Cerakote got back to me and said extending the cure time to 2 hours and lowering to 300 F would work.

BTW - love Cerakote on my firearms.

That's the only reason I have any experience with it. It's a really durable option.

20220807_162114.jpg

20220415_141857.jpg
20220306_164240.jpg

You do not oven cure C series. I would suggest using H series. That is oven cured at 250 deg for 2 hours. C series is a air cure . I am at Cerakote daily . I also pst stuff here in the paint section. Ultimate Cerakote thread

You do not oven cure C series. I would suggest using H series. That is oven cured at 250 deg for 2 hours. C series is a air cure . I am at Cerakote daily . I also pst stuff here in the paint section. Ultimate Cerakote thread
Yes, I meant H, not C. Turbine Coat is only available in V.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom