SOLD Central TX: 1989 FJ62 Mild Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 60 Series
Mileage
Color
White
Outside Link
https://sanantonio.craigslist.org/cto/d/new-braunfels-1989-toyota-land-cruiser/7493438092.html
Edit: Open to trades for the right Toyota, GMC, Chevy trucks or 100 series cruiser.

Just closed on our house and need to fund some renovations. This has been a fun truck, but one of the cruisers has to go. I purchased the truck in Feb. 2021. Flew out to Oregon to pick her up, drove down to Valley Hybrids to have a couple repairs done and get a clean bill of health. Then drove it back to Texas with no issues. Even drove through the 2021 blizzard from El Paso to DFW in single digit temps without issue. I’m willing to ship on your dime. Alternatively, I may be willing to work out a deal where I drive the cruiser to you depending on location and distance.

Price is $16,000

SEE LINKS BELOW FOR ALL PHOTOS AND VIDEOS

Good:
  • Clean frame
  • Maintenance in the last 10k miles:
    • Almost all coolant/heater hoses replaced
    • Water pump resealed
    • New OEM alternator
    • Newer Champion aluminum radiator
    • New brakes front and rear – bypassed LSPV
    • A/C compressor, drier, and condenser replaced in last 10-15k miles
    • New plugs, cap, and rotor (last year)
  • Mods:
    • 4+ Products front bumper
    • Warn XP-S 9500 lb winch w/ synthetic rope (used once)
    • Trail Tailor rock sliders w/ built-in steps
    • Dual battery set-up with optima batteries
    • Stainless steel battery trays
    • Fan shroud mod
    • Koito/Cibie H4 headlight conversion (super bright headlights)
    • Newer SOR grill and headlight bezels
    • Powder-coated OEM wagon wheels
    • 33x10.5r15 Maxxis RAZR tires (maybe 6k miles on them)
    • Con-Ferr roof rack
    • Aussie lunchbox locker in the rear
    • OME Heavy suspension (older, but rides fine) w/ u-bolt flip kit
  • Other:
    • Partially desmogged
    • Driver seat bottom re-upholstered with vinyl
    • All new carpet
    • All upholstery including headliner professionally steam cleaned
    • Transmission replaced with rebuilt unit 180k
    • FJ80 trans cooler
Bad:
  • Body: The body has bumps, bruises, and a little bit of body rust. The PO rattle canned about 80% of the truck. I was in the process of getting the spray paint off and assessing the body. If the patina look is your thing then just leave it as-is and send it! I got a quote for paint and body from someone local and can give his contact info if that’s of interest.
  • Outdated sound system
  • Mechanical: Minor exhaust leak. It is also partially desmogged – good or bad depending on where you live.

FJ62 Pictures

Walk-Around Video

Undercarriage Video

Suspension Flex Video

FJ62.jpg

E6D06FC4-BA2D-4AEF-BEF8-5E40FAD24F0D.jpeg

BF873B44-E412-4137-8DC7-3FF5884D43D9.jpeg

6CC753FF-7D48-4B8F-B9C4-A10EF0A74382.jpeg

57AA7580-C747-4FFE-8266-63A05E802ACE.jpeg

Last edited:
Thoughts on price point? Getting some tire kickers but no cash on the table. Happy to figure out a deal without the extra parts.

Man, it doesn't seem too off to me. That's a dandy rig. I work in ecom (think real time spending metrics) and people are definitely weirded out right now by all the financial turbulence. Not sure if that gets better or not but folks are back to rational spending habits, for the most part, so while things are still selling, they're selling at a slower velocity.

Man, it doesn't seem too off to me. That's a dandy rig. I work in ecom (think real time spending metrics) and people are definitely weirded out right now by all the financial turbulence. Not sure if that gets better or not but folks are back to rational spending habits, for the most part, so while things are still selling, they're selling at a slower velocity.
10-4. That’s a good point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom