Center, RR, FF Diff lock switch (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
1. Center Diff switch(Turn knob ones). I turned to FR, Dash blinks. I turn to FR+RR, dash blinks.
2. Center Diff switch - ABS and Lock dash light came on simultaneously.

All of this was done idling, gear shift on P.
Am I doing someting wrong or why is light just blinks? And why ABS light is coming on simultaneously?
I know I am a rookie and stupid on these, and need some guidance.
Thank you.
Adrian

Adrian,
There are several posts in the archives detailing the procedure to test all the locking diffs. The ABS light comes on because the ABS system is disabled when your transfer case is shifted to low range.

You need to order an owner's manual and a FSM.
-B-

Ok, I'll take a shot..

-Your CDL switch disables the ABS, so that light coming on is there to remind you of that.
-Your F&R lockers are activated, but not yet engaged. You need to roll a little bit, ideally not in a straight line, which will allow the gears in your diffs to line up with the thing that engages them (sorry for the non-tech).
-You need to have the center locked before the front or rear diffs will lock.
hth..

Thanks for the advise. I will try again. I wanted to make sure before I attempt to test drive without the rear driveshaft to elliminate the humming. I needed CDL switch working before I can attempt the test drive.

MN,

Did you install the CDL switch? It did not come from the factory with one.

Doug

Idaho,

Previous owner did put it in.

You know not to run the lockers on asphalt, yes?

wob,
of course. Trying to find the mud to test the CDL. :cheers:

Gravel or a grassy/dirt field will do just fine for checking them out to see if they work. :cheers:

Here's a tip:
Only check your lockers on Somebody Else's grass or, for that matter, Somebody Else's gravel driveway. ::)

Its better that you try not to chew up your own lawn and driveway, because your spouse might get seriously chapped at you, and you'll just end up having to regrade the gravel drive. :flipoff2:

LT
8)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom