Center Console (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

umpqua

GOLD Star
Threads
A search has immediately revealed it. I’ll keep looking.

What‘s the go to on a bj75 center console? The hand brake seems to be the limiter at around 6” of width clearance .

Thanks for any intel.

That’s cool ^^^ Sadly it’s for RHD. I’m in the market as well going from bench seats to bucket seats on a LHD.
@umpqua I didn’t look back, but I thought yours was LHD as well.

Yes, Lhd. Appreciate the suggestions. Let me see what I can come up with.

I'm planning on doing something like @shermantank55 did in his Kitsu build, utilizing a tall .50 cal ammo can. Not much fab work and a heck of a lot cheaper than a tuffy box or ordering from oz. Practical, lockable and affordable. There are many different sized ammo cans to customize the height and width according to your needs.

The Rixen heat exchanger came with a Plano box that houses the pump, hoses and shower wand. The box fit’s “ perfectly” between the seats. The height allows clearance for the armrests on the Schell seats and it doesn’t interfere with the shifter. I already have cup holders so I didn’t need them in a console box.

Downside is the box would allow a flimsy lock and I may attach it to the body at some point. The fit is so good though that I’m not worried about it moving around.

Today I ordered two empty boxes from Amazon from the links below. They are essentially the same size but one has a lift out tray. I’ll see which one I like the best.
Probably keep the black one as it matches my seats.

I guess the box might not be “perfect” but it’s inexpensive and readily available.

Amazon product ASIN B000P3WS02
Amazon product ASIN B0029KHB10

Hello,

Newer model (2018 on I think) 70 Series intended for the Middle East have a console with a cooling box.

Is it available for other markets? If so, is there a part number?

Juan

Hello,

Newer model (2018 on I think) 70 Series intended for the Middle East have a console with a cooling box.

Is it available for other markets? If so, is there a part number?

Juan
I looked up a 2020 GRJ71 in LX trim and come up with the following. It says "rear" but I'm almost positive this goes between the front seats. It doesn't have a cooler though so maybe there are other options. Next time I get a chance I will look inside one of the newer 71 or 79 models.

58901ABOX SUB-ASSY, CONSOLE, REAR
58911-90K00-B0BLUISH GRAY, TRIM1*1
58911-90K00-E0OAK, TRIM4*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom