CDL Switch Pin 7 Question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

CPACruiser

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
www.717cruiser.etsy.com
I searched and couldn't come up with an answer, which I am assuming is NO....however:

Will a CDL switch for an 01-02 4Runner work for the 80 Pin 7 mod?

All you need is a Toyota 2 position switch that fits in the switch blank. I am using a hazard switch from an 80 Series from a junkyard. Also, before you button up the dash just press the newly installed switch with the key in the on position and make sure your CDL light and ABS light both come on (it might take a moment). Also, you'll want to make sure before you do the mod and the switch install that when you switch to 4LO both of those same lights come on. If they don't come on in 4LO, you'll have to troubleshoot that first because installing the switch in the dash and doing the Pin 7 mod won't engage your CDL anyway.
Good luck - it's the best cheap mod you can do if you want to wheel your truck. I use the CDL switch all the time to unlock the CDL when I am making tight turns on the trail, it unloads the drive train and makes it much easier on your expensive parts. Then just press the CDL switch again after you've made the turn.
Cheers, happy trails.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom