Proper CDL light function? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I apologize if this has been beat to death, but I've searched until my eyes are crossed trying to figure out if the CDL light (97 LX450) is supposed to turn off when going from D to N to R or P. My new to me LX has always locked the center diff, but never lit the ABS or CDL lights when I did short tests in 4 low in my field. I took it out on the trails this weekend and spent some miles in 4 low. After a few miles the ABS/CDL lights came on, but when I would shift to park or reverse they would drop out then came back on. Thanks.

I think the CDL only turns off when not in 4WD Low. When then CDL is locked, the ABS turns off. Both indicators should be lit at the same time.

There is a common ground at the air intake between the CDL lock switch and the neutral position switch . I would check that ground. Bizarre things happen when it isn't grounded.

1702321896508.png

first thing i'd check/replace is the switch in the t-case. they get sticky from lack of use.

ABS and diff light should both be on, regardless of transmission selector location.

Thanks guys....that's what I suspected, but this is my first 80 so I wasn't sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom