CDL Switch Only??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Raven Tai, do you guys not sleep on that side of the Atlantic what is the O'clock there!

Thank you for the very quick response, the rub for me is that I do not have a FSM or wiring diagram specific to my 80 but only a cheep CD which is meant I think for US Toyota which I use cautiously as it does not cover the Diesels and is of course LHD, I do have a Haynes manual but I can not get on with these at al an think they are very badly produced with vague instructions poor images and tend to cover lots of variants very badly.

I will have to check more on the specifics such as gear box identification type of modules etc to as to better able to ask relevant questions, mine has the viscous diff.

On the relevant gear change points the ECT seems to be less abrupt effect on change points and will allow an up change much earlier if the accelerator peddle is not pressed too hard where as the low box change points are almost up to the red line before changing.

Gold Finger said:
Raven Tai, do you guys not sleep on that side of the Atlantic what is the O'clock there! Thank you for the very quick response,

I sleep plenty but work second shift so my schedule is closer to yours than most Americas,

the rub for me is that I do not have a FSM or wiring diagram specific to my 80 but only a cheep CD which is meant I think for US Toyota which I use cautiously as it does not cover the Diesels and is of course LHD, I do have a Haynes manual but I can not get on with these at al an think they are very badly produced with vague instructions poor images and tend to cover lots of variants very badly.

I will have to check more on the specifics such as gear box identification type of modules etc to as to better able to ask relevant questions, mine has the viscous diff.

On the relevant gear change points the ECT seems to be less abrupt effect on change points and will allow an up change much earlier if the accelerator peddle is not pressed too hard where as the low box change points are almost up to the red line before changing.

For getting into this kind of thing a FSM and EWD for your exact year and model is a requirement, I wonder if Toyota UK (or whatever is your local division) has something like Toyota’s US TIS service where you can download the manuals cheap. If not go ahead and pay for the paper copies ( I have both and prefer it that way)

You may be right about the shift points cant remember what year they were talking about.

Raven Tai,

As far as I am aware these manuals are not available and are out of print, the dealers are less than helpful here when it comes to that sort of thing. I missed out on a FSM a few months past when one came up in Australia, I would have bid if I had realised that they were so scarce.

As far as I am aware no down load site is available here for FSM I think that the best that I can do is buy a manual from Dan and accept that it ill not have any engine details and that it will be LHD instead of RHD and that there may be some discrepancies. The other way is to down load some details for the chassis from a US site as I need them. The DVD on the front axle was very helpful for me and I hope that he will continue with some more on common tasks.

So, if the 93 just bought does NOT have the CDL, then it locks automatically when put into 4low? And the CDL switch can be added (is it prewired for it?) if i want to manually turn it on and off? (using the 7pin mod). Am i understanding this correctly? My 91 had the CDL

Boston Mangler said:
So, if the 93 just bought does NOT have the CDL, then it locks automatically when put into 4low? And the CDL switch can be added (is it prewired for it?) if i want to manually turn it on and off? (using the 7pin mod). Am i understanding this correctly? My 91 had the CDL

Yes you are correct. You keeping track of your posting on this? ;p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom