CCOT (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This may be a silly question and probably in the wrong area to post but has anyone here used CCOT to purchase parts from as I have a couple of questions.

1. Why wont they accept overseas credit card purchases for products. I got an email back saying that they require a wire transfer into their account.

2. Can I just do a transfer from my account to their account with no problems.

3. Were they reputable to deal with as I have never ordered stuff from overseas before and a couple of people have told the wife that it looks dodgy even though they bank with JP Morgan Chase Bank.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

I have ordered parts from them several times they are very professional, I am overseas and I always wire transfer after receiving a quotation from them.

My advice is to be very careful and ask lots of questions about the things you buy from them, especially if you are overseas.
In my experience, they are sometimes loosey goosey about what fits on what vehicles. I've gotten several things from them that didn't fit right or didn't even work with other items they sell. If you're buying OEM items and you know that the part number is correct, you should be fine. Anything else I'd ask them to put in writing that it will work on your exact vehicle and they will pay to return it if it doesn't.

+1 ^

Can you not find what you want in Specter Off Road Specter Off-Road, Land Cruiser Parts and Accessories ?

I don't know SOR's offshore payment policy but I do find that a higher percentage of satisfactory parts are available from them than from other vendors, even though their prices may be sometimes higher than other sources.

Last edited:
1. Why wont they accept overseas credit card purchases for products. I got an email back saying that they require a wire transfer into their account. - U.S. companies cannot confirm validity of overseas credit cards through customary U.S. banking connections. They've been ripped off too many times.

2. Can I just do a transfer from my account to their account with no problems. Yes. Just make sure you are fully aware of shipping costs, import duties, and return polices if something goes awry.

3. Were they reputable to deal with as I have never ordered stuff from overseas before and a couple of people have told the wife that it looks dodgy even though they bank with JP Morgan Chase Bank. I have purchased from them and I believe they are reputable, BUT, the issue "they are sometimes loosey goosey about what fits" is a common issue for many suppliers, not just CCOT, due to the variations in FJ40 components, revisions by P.O.'s in the last thirty years, and the possibility that AUS rigs may not be the same as US rigs. On the other hand, the :princess: is always right, particularly after the fact!

I have to agree about them and year model shenanigans - but cruiser corps can be the same way. I bought a bolt kit for my year and it was not even close to correct. Then again I should have just gone to Lowe's in the first place. Other than that I've have good dealings with ccot

I had an issue with a part installation and called the nice lady that answers the phone. She then got a shop guy to try to install the same piece there and he figured out how it installs and talked me through it. That type of customer service doesn't happen that often.

txnight- what no hot models that pose with our Landcruisers working in the front office?????? I have had good experiences with CCOT as well.............then there are the models...................HOT!!

txnight- what no hot models that pose with our Landcruisers working in the front office?????? I have had good experiences with CCOT as well.............then there are the models...................HOT!!

Nope, the models were out to lunch when I stopped by.

This may be a silly question and probably in the wrong area to post but has anyone here used CCOT to purchase parts from as I have a couple of questions.

1. Why wont they accept overseas credit card purchases for products. I got an email back saying that they require a wire transfer into their account.

2. Can I just do a transfer from my account to their account with no problems.

3. Were they reputable to deal with as I have never ordered stuff from overseas before and a couple of people have told the wife that it looks dodgy even though they bank with JP Morgan Chase Bank.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

I would think you should ask 1 and 2 these questions directly to CCOT. We do not run their business, so no one on here is really qualified to answer these.

That said, I suspect @73FJ40 is correct. For my business, I know I do not take web orders from outside the US/Canada and, now Florida, due to being ripped off $2800US. Credit card fraud is real. Cruiser karma will get them....

I still ship internationally and to Florida, but there has to be human intervention. And I require Western Union for overseas transactions, at least the first one. Then, if you are a repeat customer, I may take Paypal ONLY if if is Verified. Period. If the person doesn't like my terms, they can go elsewhere. Sorry for the inconvenience, but I prefer not to deal with the hassle of fraud and thievery. Furthermore, I have helped spread the word to other vendors on here and have saved them many many thousands of dollars. One reported a $12,000US order for 5 ARB fridges and 4 OME lifts. They read what I wrote on a Vendor only section which saved them a huge loss.

Note, I am not stating you fall into the thief category or would do this, I am just speaking in general about how/why I handle my business and suspect some others do as well.

Hi Ken
What you say is correct.
CCOT do not take credit cards from Australia.
Bank wire transfer is expensive as banks give a lower exchange rate.
I use AMEX international wire transfer as I find there exchange rate to be good on small amounts. ( small up to 20,000.00 USD ) today should buy you $0.71.5 or better .
Once the bank account link had been set up it was a little easier to deal with them.
I moved away from CCOT for this reason and set up a line of credit with Cruiser Corps .
Much more user friendly for us on this side of the Globe.
Cheers

...via IH8MUD app

I'm in New Zealand and have done one order with them, had to do it via wire transfer as they won't take a "foreign" credit card. That adds to the cost and frankly I wouldn't do it again. There are now a greater number of quality 40 series parts vendors with less barriers to sale.
Not accepting "foreign" credit cards is a joke. The whole point of the international credit card network is that Visa/MC/Whoever carries the liability if the vendor has gathered the required details (Card #, date, CVV#) for a card not present transaction.
I buy parts for classic cars all over the world and the US is the only place I find hard going. UK, France, Italy all accept a visa, all ship internationally rather than just Cont US.

CCOT are only 120 miles away,so I am buying from them..quality of service is great.They always put some extra small bonus part or posters to my order.I pick from them personally.Sometimes they are pricey,but I save on shipping...They exchange the wrong part with no problem....They have 2 FJ40 at their shop on display with their parts on so you can see how the part you want will fit...Only part I didn't like from them was wiper motor packing(gasket)-aftermarket..it broke as soon I opened the plastic bag...They exchanged it with OEM packing,so in general I am happy with them...Those pretty girls are on vacation :steer:.

Thanks for the replies and I understand what Arcteryx is saying. It is hard enough for business to conduct a business and make ends meet let alone a profit. I have replied to CCOT and made payment via paypal so we will see how things go. Got a shock with the exchange rate but there is nothing I can do about that one if I want the parts no matter who I get them from. To date I have been happy with them as when I have emailed them with questions I normally receive a reply within a day or so given the time difference between here and the states. I will update and let everyone know what happens when I receive the goods.

Thanks again for the responses.

One of things I try to do with my business is to deliberately cater to international customers. I believe in this day and age, there is no reason to make people jump through hoops to purchase internationally. There are only two aspects for making it happen. One is shipping; the other is payment. The solutions to shipping are numerous. The solution to payment is PayPal. No way will I make customers do wire transfers. I have sent goods to Africa and to Kazakhstan with no problem. Australia and New Zealand are easy.

One of things I try to do with my business is to deliberately cater to international customers. I believe in this day and age, there is no reason to make people jump through hoops to purchase internationally. There are only two aspects for making it happen. One is shipping; the other is payment. The solutions to shipping are numerous. The solution to payment is PayPal. No way will I make customers do wire transfers. I have sent goods to Africa and to Kazakhstan with no problem. Australia and New Zealand are easy.
Couldn't agree more racer65!
I recently tried to source Parts through SOR and was given the no International Credit Card line and exorbitant Shipping costs!
The impression I get is they are not interested in International Customers.
I think the question should always be asked with purchasing procedure If I had to do this? Would I be happy with it?

There are only two aspects for making it happen. One is shipping; the other is payment. The solutions to shipping are numerous. The solution to payment is PayPal.

I hear what you are saying but that isn't correct for payment. If you have a storefront like I do, there is no seller protection for transactions bought through the website. None, which is why I removed that ability. I have asked PP numerous times and they will not do it, presumably because the rate of CC fraud is so high. And, when fraud does occur, they are just a middleman for you. I've been down that road so I know.

Now, if you invoice someone and they are Verified and/or the transaction is seller protected, you are good to go. But that is not the case for every transaction and requires human interaction. They have an algorithm that determines if you are covered, there is no way of knowing though until post transaction.

I would think you should ask 1 and 2 these questions directly to CCOT. We do not run their business, so no one on here is really qualified to answer these.

That said, I suspect @73FJ40 is correct. For my business, I know I do not take web orders from outside the US/Canada and, now Florida, due to being ripped off $2800US. Credit card fraud is real. Cruiser karma will get them....

I still ship internationally and to Florida, but there has to be human intervention. And I require Western Union for overseas transactions, at least the first one. Then, if you are a repeat customer, I may take Paypal ONLY if if is Verified. Period. If the person doesn't like my terms, they can go elsewhere. Sorry for the inconvenience, but I prefer not to deal with the hassle of fraud and thievery. Furthermore, I have helped spread the word to other vendors on here and have saved them many many thousands of dollars. One reported a $12,000US order for 5 ARB fridges and 4 OME lifts. They read what I wrote on a Vendor only section which saved them a huge loss.

Note, I am not stating you fall into the thief category or would do this, I am just speaking in general about how/why I handle my business and suspect some others do as well.

......to coin your phrase, I didn't like it and I took my business elsewhere, to the tune of $1000 and will use the alternative business again in the future.

I hear what you are saying but that isn't correct for payment. If you have a storefront like I do, there is no seller protection for transactions bought through the website. None, which is why I removed that ability. I have asked PP numerous times and they will not do it, presumably because the rate of CC fraud is so high. And, when fraud does occur, they are just a middleman for you. I've been down that road so I know.

Now, if you invoice someone and they are Verified and/or the transaction is seller protected, you are good to go. But that is not the case for every transaction and requires human interaction. They have an algorithm that determines if you are covered, there is no way of knowing though until post transaction.
I think seller protection is overrated. You don't have to ship the product until payment has been received. That's your best seller protection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom