caster correction (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

fernandol

SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.campinglab.com
Hello,

I just got a lifted fzj80 that is in need of a caster correction kit but I am uncertain as to which one would be best.
I was thinking about getting the OME bushings but now I saw the new plates from Slee that look easier to install but might be too much correction for my truck.
I think it has about 2" of lift but am not sure, I meassured the spring installed and supporting the truck and they are 15" up front and 14" on the back.

Any suggestions?

measure from the hub to the bottom of the flair. stock is 20in. iirc. i do believe the bushings will be enough though

Best to take it to an alignment shop and get it measured. That is the only real way to tell what you will need.
Cheers,
Sean

Since your post count is the same as the number of times you've posted here, I'll add a little to my previous post.

While addressing caster is a good thing, focussing on it solely might lead to bigger problems. I'm refering to driveline vibrations.

The CC bushings seem to be a very safe bet to work well with the stock driveshaft.

Going beyond that can lead to a long journey of time and money to get the truck to drive smooth again. This journey has taken it's toll on quite a few and some have resided to just accepting it.

So, I'd suggest getting the numbers off of the rack and if the need is greater than 4* I'd get the driveline angles as well to help decide a course of action.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom