cargo light photos (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
These are from a 94 LC

The cargo light is differant than all the other lights, it is smaller but does put out alot of light and lights up the cargo area well.

I just cut out a hole large enough for the rear protruding area to sit down in, The light is held up with two self tapping screws. The hole was cut with the little cut off wheels for a Dremel.

The 3rd pic is the recess in the upper corner on the drivers side, the wiring was behind the metal taped to the other wiring, Like Dan said in another post it extends to almost the middle of the roof line, perfect length for adding this light, pretty much plug and play.

It comes on manualy or with the rear hatch being opened and can be set to Off.
cargo light.JPG
cargo light1.JPG
cargo light2.JPG

Last edited:
one more, this is the flat plate/area that is sized for the factory cargo light.

Its right next to the spray nozzle hose.

Alot of questions about the cargo light but I have never seen photos of the Factory Cargo light on the board.
cargo light3.JPG

hey loq- can you please post a pic from further away showing us where this light is mounted in the cargo area?

I f you had bought an Australian vehicle you would have got that light automatically.We use it to get beers out of our Engel fridges.:beer: :beer: :)

alaskacruiser said:
hey loq- can you please post a pic from further away showing us where this light is mounted in the cargo area?
If you can wait a few days I can, I need to make a disk at Wally world or somewere and then bring that to my graveyard. I'll have it done in a few days.

loq- that sounds like a lot of trouble! Gotta get yourself a digital camera, sir! :cheers:

topend yobbo said:
I f you had bought an Australian vehicle you would have got that light automatically.We use it to get beers out of our Engel fridges.:beer: :beer: :)
That must only be on 93 update models and up as my 90 model HZJ80 GXL and my mates 91 model HDJ80 GXL didn't come with a light but the wires were still under the hoodlining. We have both fitted some Narva fluoros to the cargo area. They're OK for getting beers out but heaps better for getting bourbons out of the Engel.:flipoff2:
:cheers:

I tell a lie as I have not seen an earlier model.I added a fluoro earlie on as well.
Pardon me.
Why dont you add a fluoro LOC?

I'll check the part # of the Narva fluoro at work tomorrow. I can highly recommend these lights, the switch has on/off/door positions is super bright and uses very little power.

alaskacruiser said:
loq- that sounds like a lot of trouble! Gotta get yourself a digital camera, sir! :cheers:
That is using a digi camera, it's the computer that needs updating, and the computer at work has restrictions on it. No trouble though.

Nice Work! You had to cut the sheetmetal to get to the plug??

I plan on this too!

Is there a "George LED" available for this particular light?

Is it an OEM part?

Thanks

Boston Mangler said:
Nice Work! You had to cut the sheetmetal to get to the plug??

I plan on this too!

Is there a "George LED" available for this particular light?

Is it an OEM part?

Thanks
No the plug is in the sheetmetal pocket in the upper corner of your roof in the rear drivers side. some report that they do not have the wires present, my 94 was wired up already.

Yes it is OEM I called Dan and asked him for the Factory cargo light.

you only have to cut the little flat shelf that is in the middle of the roof so that the light can sit down flush.

The little flat shelf that the light mounts to is perfectly sized to match the light.:D

With Dan's help (providing the part and install tips) I did this mod on my '94 - GREAT improvement. Wear gloves or have clean hands when you're futzing with the headliner..

As mentioned earlier, if you could post some pics further away, that would be awesome! I really want to do this mod!

Tanks

Boston Mangler said:
As mentioned earlier, if you could post some pics further away, that would be awesome! I really want to do this mod!

Tanks
will do:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom